PDA

View Full Version : Kid in a Candy Store

sarena kopciel
02-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Wow, I am so excited. When I got home today my bumpers arrived!! Now I am just waiting on the bar....

Jeffrey Cupra
02-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Thats great. I would love to have a home gym but atm I havent got enough room for it.

Steve Liberati
02-13-2008, 03:23 PM
where did you order them from Sarena?

ps still thinking about that question you asked me!!!

sarena kopciel
02-13-2008, 06:10 PM
where did you order them from Sarena?

ps still thinking about that question you asked me!!!

Got them from Jon Gilson in the end. He is super sweet to deal with!

Steve, keep thinking!

Yuen Sohn
02-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Wow, I am so excited. When I got home today my bumpers arrived!! Now I am just waiting on the bar....
Nice! Any plans for squat stands too??

sarena kopciel
02-14-2008, 03:39 AM
Nice! Any plans for squat stands too??

One thing at a time unless you are offering to make me some to keep the costs down!
Already hit someone up to make me a platform..will see where that goes...

Garrett Smith
02-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Sarena,
There are the squat stands on EBay that have been discussed on the CF forum for something like $150, the reviews all seem positive that I read...

Dave Paton
02-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Sarena or anyone else,

I bought squat stands from Promaxima. they were $135. they are awesome. they have a "padding" that doesn't screw up the knurling on your bar. you can also choose different colors.

Here is what Glenn Pendlay said about them on the Crossfit board a while back:

Those are the squat stands that we have in our gym, and they are indeed VERY good for the money. Very cheap, well made, and nice looking. I have sent quite a few people who have bought bars or weight sets from me to promaxima to buy those squat stands. Everyone who has gotten back to me has liked them.

Yuen Sohn
02-14-2008, 10:06 AM
I've got the Promaxima stands as well. So far, they're working fine. The ones I got wobble a tiny bit due to a slight uneveness in the base, but it's not a safety hazard or anything (at least with the weight I'm using).

Price, including shipping, was a bit over 200 for delivery to NYC. I've heard that the prices may have gone up recently though.

Oh, they did send the wrong color, but I didn't particularly care about that.

Mike ODonnell
02-14-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm waiting for someone to say "Racks?...a real lifter cleans their weight first!"

Yuen Sohn
02-14-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm waiting for someone to say "Racks?...a real lifter cleans their weight first!"

Haha, yeah I know. Though my neighbors in the apartment downstairs would probably, and understandably, flip out if I started doing heavy cleans in my living room. Hence, the rack:)