PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Grand Central

Allen Yeh
02-14-2008, 06:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo

Dr. Eades had this posted on his blog and I thought I'd share since I thought it was really really cool.

Yuen Sohn
02-14-2008, 03:45 PM
My friend convinced me to participate in something like that a few years ago, but at Toys 'R Us in Times Square. A hundred or so people gathered inside and, on cue, started chanting at the giant model T. Rex, then dispersed -- much to the confusion of store employees and customers. I think someone posted a photo of it online and, of course, I was the one dork in the crowd wearing business attire (I had come straight from the office, not really knowing what to expect).

Mike ODonnell
02-14-2008, 05:33 PM
My friend convinced me to participate in something like that a few years ago, but at Toys 'R Us in Times Square. A hundred or so people gathered inside and, on cue, started chanting at the giant model T. Rex, then dispersed -- much to the confusion of store employees and customers. I think someone posted a photo of it online and, of course, I was the one dork in the crowd wearing business attire (I had come straight from the office, not really knowing what to expect).

Why do I hear the song "thriller" when I read this?

David Aguasca
02-14-2008, 06:10 PM
awesome...i was part of their 7th annual no-pants subway ride, on january 13th. nearly 1000 people showed up for that, and we were split between three trains. our train had to make a transfer at the times square station...it was pretty wild. we finished the ride at union square. we didn't know it, but there was a farmer's market going on at the time...so around 5:00pm, hundreds of people with no pants surged out of the train station into this farmers market, and started buying donuts and apple cider and walking around looking at the art being sold.

Allen Yeh
02-15-2008, 05:03 AM

I actually remember reading about that. That's really funny.

Mike ODonnell
02-15-2008, 07:39 AM
Ah NY....you pranksters...I love it! Their main site is pretty funny where you see pics and clips of the "no pants subway ride"..."subway bingo"..."best buy shirt day"...."synchronized swim team in a fountain"...."fake U2 on a roof"....good stuff....I'm just jealous I didn't think of all this first! Hmmmmm......

Yuen Sohn
02-15-2008, 08:13 PM
hahaha, the fake U2 on a roof is classic.