PDA

View Full Version : Another great trip to the farm

Jay Cohen
02-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Tongue-Heart-Kidneys, all on the menu this weekend. Also picked up chicken fryers, eggs, jerky and bologna. It's great seeing the animals, hanging out, eating hay or grass's, chickens plucking away at the dirt and the pigs rooting for what ever they root for.

Pressured cooked for 20 minutes, cool, slice. Tastes like liver..........

Scott Kustes
02-17-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm jealous. As soon as I get settled from all the shit going on in my life, I'm ready to get back to cooking some organs! I've only cooked liver once in the past 6 weeks!

sarena kopciel
02-17-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm jealous. As soon as I get settled from all the shit going on in my life, I'm ready to get back to cooking some organs! I've only cooked liver once in the past 6 weeks!

Made me some fresh chopped liver this weekend. Sauteed a boatload of onion and garlic in coconut and EVO, added grassfed chicken livers with pinch of smoked salt (http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/smokedsalt.html) and black pepper. Then after a bit, added this with some hard boiled Omega 3 eggs to my Cuisinart and an additional touch of EVO and some ground cumin. Voila, it was great with my salad!!

Btw, I cant recommend the salt enough! Really flavorful and oh, so little is needed!