PDA

View Full Version : Greg E.'s new article in PMenu

Garrett Smith
03-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Brilliant article, IMO.

Discussing the differences between training for fitness and "the sport of CF" was great, as was pointing out the fact that a shortened-ROM exercise is a *different* movement than a full-ROM as-should-be-Rx'd exercise.

Coach Greg E.'s writings remind me of the feelings I first got when reading Coach Glassman's early articles. Brilliant and succinct, especially considering the amount of "writing" that has already been done on the topic(s).

As I have said before, I'm honored to be a part of this community and privileged that my knowledge is continuing to advance by being here. :)

Steve Liberati
03-02-2008, 08:00 AM
yeah I was thinking the same thing. Quality is second to none.

Casey Williams
03-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Yeah it was a great article. Greg is an excellent and articulate writer! Good stuff.
casey

Robb Wolf
03-05-2008, 09:44 AM
He also looks dead-sexy in a speedo! Seriously though, fantastic article. Great contribution in delineating why we do what we do.

John Seiler
03-05-2008, 10:06 AM
He also looks dead-sexy in a speedo!

Can you all even imagine if he combined it with the wolf shirt??? Pulitzer for sure.

Kelly Moore
03-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Nice article Greg. I've been airing my opinions on technique vs speed, fueled by some of the videos I've seen lately. It's a tricky line to walk, but after seeing outstanding performances from top athletes using excellent technique, I know that both technique and speed can happen together during WODs. Good technique creates the groundwork for increasing the weight lifted or the number of times it can be lifted.

Kettlebell Sport training is a prime example. There are several women now jerking the 72# bell for reps because they use excellent technique on the lighter weight jerk sets. They don't finish with the light bell a little off to the side or a little off out in front. They practice to make all the reps spot on, regardless of the weight or the pace. "A little off" with a 32k bell for most women means it doesn't lockout overhead and possible injury. "A little off" with the light bell is the difference between being able to perform a ten minute set with the 16k at 16 rpm vs 20 rpm pace in competition.

Chuck Kechter
03-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Echoing the above sentiments... Excellent article!

Scott Kustes
03-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Great article. Now someone perfect my Clean for me.