PDA

View Full Version : My Picks for the Top Five Bodyweight Exercises

Coach Sommer
03-05-2008, 06:15 AM
If you are interested in a good basic bodyweight program, you may find the following discussion helpful.

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=343

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

www.GymnasticBodies.com

Garrett Smith
03-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Wow, I've got a long way to go to get to "basic"...

That's a good list to work towards, helpful with organizing my one non-gymnasium gymnastics workout per week.

Gabe Rinaldi
03-05-2008, 11:59 AM
I guess basic is all relative eh....I too have a long way to go....must get crackin

Greg Everett
03-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Yes.... if you ever want to feel unaccomplished, go observe some 12 y/o gymnasts.

Garrett Smith
03-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Right on, Greg.

Watching the 11-12 y/o boys doing press handstands to pirouette dismounts on the P-bars last night really puts my 10-second-on-low-P-bars-free-handstand-with-the-wall-to-catch-me achievement in perspective.

I will say this, I am looking forward to my pressing movements getting stronger from my new emphasis on handstands and resisted push-ups!

Derek Simonds
03-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Scratch the 11/12 year olds just watch some elite 9 and 10 year old girls if you really want to be humbled.

We were hanging out with some friends and their daughters are both elites, one was a level 9 and the youngest 3rd grade was a 7 prep optional. They were having Thomas Touches competitions to see who could do it longer. Ridiculous.

I pray that Jr will stay in it long enough for him to realize the benefits.

Steven Low
03-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah, some of the young girls are very, very sick in what they can do (no pedo).

I've been on a cycle of 'press only' sequences for a couple weeks now on parallettes. I'll let you guys know how it turns out in terms of pressing strength I guess.

Sequence =
L-sit press to shoulder stand, press to handstand, HSPU, slow negative to L-sit, straight arm straddle press, HSPU.

I am trying to add in a bit more as I get stronger.