PDA

View Full Version : Paleo Version of "The Gallon Challenge"

Patrick Donnelly
03-15-2008, 05:04 PM
"The Gallon Challenge" is to drink a gallon of milk (any sort) in one hour, then hold it in for an hour without puking. After hearing it mentioned on the CF boards, I came up with this... The Liter Challenge!

Drink one liter of olive oil within 1 hour, without coughing any up or consuming any other food within that hour, and refrain from soiling your pants for at least three hours after finishing. The prize for completion is infinite bragging rights for the rest of eternity.

Any takers? http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/1091/iconwackobz7.gif

Allen Yeh
03-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Pffft that's nothing.

Greg's Fatboy carbomb
1 pint glass of coconut milk
1 shot glass of olive oil
w/butter rubbed on the rim of the glass for extra goodness

Combine and try not to die.

Jane Michel
03-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Ummm just 1 tbsp of extra light olive oil makes me want to heave...

Robb Wolf
03-16-2008, 08:51 AM
If you keep it down the front end you will NOT control how it exists the back end. Buyer beware!

Kevin Perry
03-16-2008, 10:05 AM
you guys are nuts

Patrick Donnelly
03-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Ummm just 1 tbsp of extra light olive oil makes me want to heave...

I can now drink 4-6oz at once, pretty easily. The key is to really gulp it, then shove something tasty in your mouth ASAP to override the taste of the oil. (I like to use a strawberry.)

Garrett Smith
03-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Actually, I can do a half gallon of raw goat's milk in a half hour pretty handily. I would drink the first half, then wait about 20 minutes before the second half, with no real discomfort whatsoever. The only thing that I've noticed limited my "comfort" was actually the coldness of the milk causing some stomach cramping, and that only was a real issue when I would drink the whole half gallon in one "sitting", rather than two. Keeping the milk at a better temperature and really pacing the intake, I don't see that this would be much of an issue (especially with the more easily digestible goat's milk).

If I perceived that there was anything to be gained from the gallon challenge, I'd totally do it. However, I'd rather not spend $16 on a gallon of raw goat's milk to get playground respect.

Those fat bombs look wretched. Blech.

Mike ODonnell
03-16-2008, 04:51 PM
The prize might be gallbladder removal!

Tony Ferous
03-17-2008, 01:50 AM
I get that 'choke' effect at the back of my throat if drinking a table spoon or more of olive oil, but i like it.

I think Dr Sears mentioned thats a sign that its good stuff, i buy an organic brand, carbonell, it used to be cloudy(though it didnt say unfiltered), oddly the last batch was totally clear. Im still choking though.

Allen Yeh
03-17-2008, 03:27 AM
Those fat bombs look wretched. Blech.

The brainchild when Jesse, Mark, Greg, myself and some others were out eating and somehow the thermic effect of drinking a lot of coconut milk came up. Then we combined that with the "Irish Carbomb" idea.

Scott Kustes
03-17-2008, 09:15 AM
How about some variations on the theme? Gallon challenge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallon_challenge) Eggnog anyone?

Patrick Donnelly
03-18-2008, 06:31 PM
How about some variations on the theme? Gallon challenge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallon_challenge) Eggnog anyone?

I don't even understand how people can drink that stuff.