PDA

View Full Version : Eric Briglia: A Lifter to Watch

Yuen Sohn
04-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Just posting some vid of a 16 year-old teammate of mine. Eric's made some huge gains in speed and strength the past year.

As a 62kg class lifter last summer, Eric snatched about 80 and clean & jerked 100. At around 64-65kg bodyweight, he's now up to 95/120 and seems to have plenty more in him.

Here's his vid from Sunday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhooTrOonA

Eric is coached by his dad, Santi, at an LBH satellite gym (their garage).

Arden Cogar Jr.
04-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Yoon,
Awesome stuff. Looking at that young fella has me thinking that he's going to fill out quite nicely and grow into a very very impressive lifter. Absolutely fantastic to see.

All the best,
Arden

Jonathan Owen
04-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Seeing him put up those #'s at the SHU open was awesome, especially at his bw and his age. Im looking forward to watching him at some more meets!

Yuen Sohn
04-27-2009, 06:04 AM
After 1 year, he's up to 110/138 at 69.8kg bw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE55Gh0_8CA

-Unfortunately, the low-res vid doesn't really capture how fast and smooth he pulls under the bar.

glennpendlay
04-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Ive watched Eric for a number of years now... the thing that stands out in my mind is a few years ago when he was younger, seeing him in the warmup room AFTER the meet was over, or at least after he was done lifting, doing max attempt after max attempt, trying to get a couple more kilos overhead than he did in the competition. If memory serves, the year the schoolage was in Vermont, he not only did this after he was done lifting, but was back in the training room the day after he lifted, again taking max attempt after max attempt. He is certainly motivated, and also, id say fairly stubborn!

glenn

Timothy Scalise
04-27-2009, 12:58 PM
awesome lifts, really explosive guy. im wondering if he is going to put weight on as he developes, or stay there. I bet if he put on some more weight he would be even more impressive*** not saying you have to be big to lift great, but I just think that with his height he would be better served with some more weight, not taking anything away from what he is doing cause im just flat out impressed. ***

Yuen Sohn
04-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Ive watched Eric for a number of years now... the thing that stands out in my mind is a few years ago when he was younger, seeing him in the warmup room AFTER the meet was over, or at least after he was done lifting, doing max attempt after max attempt, trying to get a couple more kilos overhead than he did in the competition. If memory serves, the year the schoolage was in Vermont, he not only did this after he was done lifting, but was back in the training room the day after he lifted, again taking max attempt after max attempt. He is certainly motivated, and also, id say fairly stubborn!

glenn

Haha, thanks for sharing Glenn. He really does have a deep-seated love of just plain lifting heavy things.

awesome lifts, really explosive guy. im wondering if he is going to put weight on as he developes, or stay there. I bet if he put on some more weight he would be even more impressive*** not saying you have to be big to lift great, but I just think that with his height he would be better served with some more weight, not taking anything away from what he is doing cause im just flat out impressed. ***

Yeah, he's apparently got a ridiculous, super-charged metabolism. I think he'll probably be a 94kg lifter one day.

Brian DeGennaro
04-27-2009, 01:22 PM
He looks even scrawnier in person. As he progresses, he's definitely going to pack on some weight. I see him either as a solid 94 lifter.

Jonathan Owen
04-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Yesterday was my teammate Dan's first meet and he has only been lifting Oly for 7 months. Dan is a former PL and really strong, and he was blown away by Eric Briglia. To see him walking around you wouldn't think he could put that much weight overhead, awesome! Yuen, thanks for the return favor on the jerky and I will see you and Alston at the CT Open.

Timothy Scalise
04-27-2009, 10:19 PM
I was thinking 94 would be good, you said he is 62 now right? How tall is he? lets get the kid some freaking potatoes and steak, future gold medalist there.