PDA

View Full Version : Zone Blocks and Rest

Júlíus G. Magnússon
04-24-2008, 03:04 PM
I posted this on the CrossFit boards as well, but afterwards I thought I'd be more likely to get good advice here, so here goes again:

I've been feeling a lack of energy for the past week and looking through my workout log, I noticed that I haven't taken time off from training since last August. Training everywhere from 3-8 times a week ever since then.

I was thinking a week off could do me some good... Which brings me to my question:

I'm a 14 block zoner. During my week of rest, should I move down to the suggested 11 blocks for a sedentary individual at my lean body mass or should I stick to my 14 blocks for greater recovery?

Mike ODonnell
04-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Take a week off...eat normal...don't stress about it...your body will thank you!

Júlíus G. Magnússon
04-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks. I will.

Some great info on your site, by the way. I'll definitely be digging through it for the next couple of days. :)

Mike ODonnell
04-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Dig away my friend...dig away.

Don't stress your food too much on your rest week....eat healthy, as you already know how to do....as most people who do the zone could probably also use a mental break from it once in a while too. Alternating calories and macronutrients will also do your body good....as it always likes changes....the zone (while effective) is still just too predictable and consistent.