PDA

View Full Version : Credit where credit is due...

Danny John
05-01-2008, 11:37 AM
As many of you know, I decided not to post on this forum very often for a reason, but I have to admit that I need to step out and give a nod to the May 2008 issue of PM. Fantastic stuff.

The Tumbling Warm-up reminds us that this form of training has long roots in S and C. Great article and any article that mentions Coach Reeves deserves a read. Rut's articles...which I still make mandatory along with Bill Fox's classic "Black Box" article...is the reason I still look forward to everything he writes. I also enjoyed the fact that Greg looked intelligently at the low back squat point. I would add one other point: no elite O lifters (at least in my experience or my reading) do Low Back Squats. True, there might be exceptions, I just haven't seen them in the films of any of the top five in recent Olympics.

So, hats off and I still tell people that PM is one of the few (very few) things worth subscribing to...

Mike ODonnell
05-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Good to see you DJ, hope you are doing well! Stop by anytime.

Allen Yeh
05-06-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm looking forward to trying the tumbling warmup. Hopefully I'll be able to do the basic things without incuring public humiliation/injury.

I recall the initial discussion Greg had with Coach Rip on the CF board and thought it was a very well defined synopsis for those who may have missed it the first time.

Cassidy Drake
05-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Nice to see you posting here as well. I will give you a call the next couple weeks.

Allen Yeh
05-07-2008, 03:36 AM
Point of clarification on the tumbling warmup:

In the article the routine laid out was Coach Reeve's tumbling warmup. So is what is show on the video what Stephane likes to use with his athletes?