PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

Ari Kestler
05-03-2008, 09:15 AM
I just wanted to say Thank you to everyone here at CA and the CF crowd that reads (especially Robb, Dr. G, and MOD)... I had high cholesterol throughout my teenage years and my last reading was 240, a few years ago.... this last year I started my self-experiment with eating mostly paleo, and later some IF... I've pretty much stuck with the IF and my most recent blood work was pretty impressive for me:

Total Cholesterol 172
HDL 80
LDL 80
TG 55

It feels good because I always believed that this worked, but it's nice to have proof to help convince my parents, friends, and other doubters. It was hard most of the year listening to the constant doubt: "You eat 4-6 eggs a day!?!? Your arteries must be rock hard", "That's a fatty piece of meat", "Have some vegetables why don't you", "I can't believe you drink olive oil", "What's grassfed anyway, stop being a loonie" etc....

So... Thank you again for all of the advice, support, encouragement and intelligent discussion.

Mike ODonnell
05-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Nice job!

As for being a loonie.....well maybe when us inmates start running the asylum it will become a better place. :)

Jay Cohen
05-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Good work Ari

Garrett Smith
05-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Seconding the good work!

Jane Michel
05-04-2008, 06:53 AM
Good on you Ari for sticking with Paleo/IF amidst all the doubt :) keep working at it!

Mike ODonnell
05-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Just goes to show....worry less about what others think....and do what you know to be true....and results follow....and then people will be ready to listen to what you have to say.

Allen Yeh
05-05-2008, 03:41 AM
Good stuff.