PDA

View Full Version : Zone diet question

Michael Drew
05-09-2008, 10:38 AM
My wife and I are on the Zone, she gets 2.2.2.2.2 blocks a day. We are going to a dinner party tonight, can she put meals together and eat one larger meal? Like 2.2.6 or 2.2.2.4?

Mike ODonnell
05-09-2008, 10:53 AM
I'd say throw all the numbers in the bucket and just eat protein/fat/veggies....or just enjoy one night out without need a zone manual in your pocket. <---Not a zone advocate for long term usage

We all know sugar and high carb is not something you need.....so stick with eating as healthy as you can, when in doubt...meat and fat without sugary sauces always works for me.

Michael Drew
05-09-2008, 11:02 AM
I'd say throw all the numbers in the bucket and just eat protein/fat/veggies....or just enjoy one night out without need a zone manual in your pocket. <---Not a zone advocate for long term usage

We all know sugar and high carb is not something you need.....so stick with eating as healthy as you can, when in doubt...meat and fat without sugary sauces always works for me.

Thank you for your reply. I understand your feelings on the zone. We plan to move to something different but the zone intially is pretty easy to maintain. Until we have some more diet discipline and are off the "crack" we can move to different methods or a combination or methods.

Dave Van Skike
05-09-2008, 11:11 AM

As SuperMOD do you have the power to ban yourself for making sense?

Mike ODonnell
05-09-2008, 11:19 AM
As SuperMOD do you have the power to ban yourself for making sense?

I believe if that was attempted that would mean the end of time as the universe knows....something about parallel streams of reality crossing...I think it was explained all in more details in Ghostbusters....

Mike ODonnell
05-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Thank you for your reply. I understand your feelings on the zone. We plan to move to something different but the zone intially is pretty easy to maintain. Until we have some more diet discipline and are off the "crack" we can move to different methods or a combination or methods.

You can zone much easier at home (as it can work and give you great results) but if you go out, you probably already know deep down what you should and should not eat....that transition will allow you to have much more fun at parties and being out with friends without having break out a scale on the buffet line and be branded as a social outcast health nut....

Enjoy your time out...stay away from sugar...fill yourself up on meat and drink tons of water....that and don't go out "hungry"....eat before you go if you must....showing up hungry will just mean a face dive into the first plate of deserts that you see....

Michael Drew
05-09-2008, 11:34 AM
You can zone much easier at home (as it can work and give you great results) but if you go out, you probably already know deep down what you should and should not eat....that transition will allow you to have much more fun at parties and being out with friends without having break out a scale on the buffet line and be branded as a social outcast health nut....

Enjoy your time out...stay away from sugar...fill yourself up on meat and drink tons of water....that and don't go out "hungry"....eat before you go if you must....showing up hungry will just mean a face dive into the first plate of deserts that you see....I am more worried about her eating a ton of pasta than desserts. Myself, I just worry about me drinking 1000 calories in libations or having multiple steaks.

Mike ODonnell
05-09-2008, 11:42 AM
I am more worried about her eating a ton of pasta than desserts. Myself, I just worry about me drinking 1000 calories in libations or having multiple steaks.

Like I said....don't show up hungry...eat a good protein/veg snack before you go....keep the cravings at bay. That and if she gets a plate of pasta say to her "So...you running a marathon tomorrow?"

I am not responsible for you sleeping on the couch for the next week however.....

Steve Liberati
05-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Zone can certainly work great for some people, especially if you have a tendency to get carried away around food and have serious cravings for sweets/junks/bad food (as a result of out of whack blood sugar levels). However, Mike has great advice as usual but I will caution that you can easily get carried away eating protein/fat/veggies for a meal too. Portion control is needed no matter what. Makes for even a better transition (switching from a sugar burner to a fat burner) when you stick with paleo food choices.

Quality and quantity unite! Get the best of both worlds and reap ALL the benefits.

Garrett Smith
05-09-2008, 02:03 PM
My wife and I are on the Zone, she gets 2.2.2.2.2 blocks a day. We are going to a dinner party tonight, can she put meals together and eat one larger meal? Like 2.2.6 or 2.2.2.4?

Yes. :)

Michael Drew
05-10-2008, 05:12 PM
I failed miserably. Thanks for your help anyway guys. :rolleyes:

Mike ODonnell
05-10-2008, 05:47 PM
I failed miserably. Thanks for your help anyway guys. :rolleyes:

Shake it off...it's over...do better tommorow

Michael Drew
05-12-2008, 04:25 AM
Thanks MOD, lost 6 lbs this week, first week on the diet. Not too bad. My wife had lost 3 by last Thursday.

Gant Grimes
05-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Pure Zone is a meal-to-meal thing. If you mess up, you don't have to wait any longer to get back into the Zone.

Don't scold yourself too much. I ate a pound of chicken, a quart of milk, and 40 fat blocks over a 3-hour period today (oh wait, I meant to do that). Enjoy your life, learn from it, and climb back on the wagon.

Leo Soubbotine
06-20-2008, 06:08 AM
I ate a pound of chicken, a quart of milk, and 40 fat blocks over a 3-hour period today (oh wait, I meant to do that). Enjoy your life, learn from it, and climb back on the wagon.

That's like a snackie snack!