PDA

View Full Version : The secret of longevity is.....

Darryl Shaw
06-06-2008, 06:42 AM
"cigarettes, whisky and wild women" says 112 year old Henry Allingham.

I love these stories about the worlds oldest people because they never seem to have done any of the things doctors tell us to do in order to stay healthy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7439117.stm

Mike ODonnell
06-06-2008, 08:22 AM
I want to know if part of his secret is never going to doctors too....and getting loaded up on Statins or other meds.....

Garrett Smith
06-06-2008, 08:52 AM
"Hospitals are where people go to die" is one saying I've heard.

In 1973 doctors in Israel staged a month-long strike and during that month, mortality fell by 50 percent. A couple of years later, a two-month work stoppage by doctors in the Columbian capital of Bogotá led to a 35-percent decline in deaths. And during a “work slowdown” by doctors in Los Angeles protesting against the sharp increase in premiums for liability insurance, the number of deaths fell by 18 percent.

Once doctors were back at work full time, mortality immediately jumped back to the previous level. Every year, 1.2 million Britons are hospitalized as a result of improper medical care. In the United States – where 40,000 people are shot to death each year – the chance of getting “killed” by a doctor is three times greater than being killed by a gun. And every year significantly more people die from an infection sustained while in the hospital than as a result of traffic accidents.

http://v.mercola.com/blogs/public_blog/When-Doctors-Strike--Fewer-People-Die-18998.aspx

I'll personally listen to what allopathic doctors have to say, sure. Absolutely. If they recommend cut/burn/drug to fix a problem, the only reason I'd likely go with it (depending on the situation) is if death was the other likely option.

Frank Needham
06-06-2008, 02:33 PM
I'll personally listen to what allopathic doctors have to say, sure. Absolutely. If they recommend cut/burn/drug to fix a problem, the only reason I'd likely go with it (depending on the situation) is if death was the other likely option.

This is right on the $$. Most people go to the Doc's and all sense goes out the window. When you buy a car don't you kick the wheels?! Not many seem to adhere to simple thought like that when in Dr. D's office. Not me. I'll call them on BS in a second, and they don't care for it either. Don't be afeard to offend when your ass is on the line. Realize that, whenever you sit in a Dr's office and they want to do anything to you, or prescribe anything for you, your life is on the line.