PDA

View Full Version : Adrenal powder? Hypothyroidism?

Jane Michel
06-10-2008, 01:06 AM
After hearing about Tirzah's success with iodine and adrenal supplements, I thought I should try some as well. Exams are next week and I've been having sleepless nights, bad bloating, cravings for carbs and sugar, just going insane.

What should I be looking for? Garrett in his blog said that he takes adrenal powder? Is that what it's called? Should I be taking kelp pills or anything like that as well? Does anyone know if these things are available in Australia or Singapore? I googled adrenal fatigue and hypothyroidism but different websites recommended different things and I'm confused.

Garrett Smith
06-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Alicia,
I wouldn't suggest just jumping in and taking these things without knowing your situation, whether either through a case intake or preferably with testing.

Tirzah Harper
06-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Be careful with the adrenal powder; I hear it's potentially risky if you don't need it, and it's definitely powerful hormonal stuff. I never expected it to have such a drastic, immediate effect.
I also wasn't having your symptoms of poor sleep, bloating, and bad cravings, FWIW. I had other things going on, but not those.
Good luck! Talking to someone who knows their stuff is definitely worthwhile. Not cheap, but I don't regret a penny of it. If you don't have a naturopath or someone similar close to you, I do recommend calling Dr. G. (No, I'm not getting paid for saying that. I think.)

Jane Michel
06-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh... hrmm... alright. I thought adrenal powder was on the same level as other supplements like ZMA. Thanks for the warning.

Garrett Smith
06-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Alicia,
Adrenal gland powder contains everything that the adrenals make, things like cortisol and adrenaline/epinephrine. Not stuff you necessarily want to take if you don't need it--that's what the intake and/or testing is for. It is potent stuff, like all strong medicines it can be used incorrectly, but used in the right situation it is great.