PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Don Stevenson
12-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Just thought i'd drop by and say hello. Good to see a bunch of familiar faces here.

For the ones who don't know me from other forums i'm another CF/kettlebell/strongman/O-lift cardio hater from Sydney Australia.

Dan S, nice to see you posting again!

Allen Yeh
12-14-2006, 05:48 AM
Hey Don,

G'day!

Sorry couldn't resist.

Mike ODonnell
12-14-2006, 07:14 AM
Another shrimp on the barbie?

Sorry....Allen made me say it.

But seriously, Welcome Don...hope you join in the lovely discussions!

Scott Kustes
12-14-2006, 09:05 AM
But seriously, Welcome Don...hope you join in the lovely discussions!
Ditto. Welcome Don! And join in the not-so-lovely discussions too.

Steve Shafley
12-14-2006, 12:13 PM
There are plenty of them.

Ron Nelson
12-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Dan Silver's been posting around here?
Don't tell certain moderators from other forums where he no longer posts.

I think he has a price on his head.

Good to see you here, Don.

Don Stevenson
12-14-2006, 04:31 PM
I try to stay out of the contentious posts because i figured you don't gain much from internet pissing matches. I've got plenty of strong opinions but if anyone wants to hear them you'll have to contact me privately or meet up for beers.

One strong opinion I will put forward though is that on FITNESS sites people should stick to FITNESS discussions. Putting up right wing, left wing, religious or other topics up is always going to be asking for trouble. When i was in the army we were told never to discuss work, poitics or religion in the mess.

Mike ODonnell
12-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Hear that Rob?....no more fart jokes mister!

Yuen Sohn
12-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi Don,
Good to see you here.

btw, I enjoyed reading your Olympic lifting progress thread on the CrossFit board...good stuff!

Jeremy Jones
12-15-2006, 04:28 PM
DON! What's up mate?

As far as fart politics go, I am all for 'em. . . and I win all the internet pissing contests - I have a bladder the size of a fish oil capsule and I end up getting up to use the restroom constantly.

Ron - who is this "Dan" who is made of metal that you are reffering to?

Ron Nelson
12-15-2006, 06:24 PM
DON! What's up mate?

As far as fart politics go, I am all for 'em. . . and I win all the internet pissing contests - I have a bladder the size of a fish oil capsule and I end up getting up to use the restroom constantly.

Ron - who is this "Dan" who is made of metal that you are reffering to?

Mythical creature I made up to replace Santa Claus after he died.

Hey, I'm coming back up there after Christmas (speaking of the late St. Nick) to go to the Emerald Bowl (a bowl of nuts, appropriate). Play your cards right and we all might all be able to meet up. Of course, I'll be drinking.

Jeremy Jones
12-19-2006, 01:47 PM
I'll be drinking.

be?

BE!

I thought you WERE already drinking.

We should try to do some drinking together. The Universe time dimension might collapse under the load (like mulitple black holes colliding), but who really cares about this reality anyway.

Ron Nelson
12-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, I am at work. Kids get suspicious if I slur too much.

I know it may be hard to hook up this time since I'll be in SF in the middle of the week. Not even sure I'll be able to visit with Dan.

The itenerary has us in SF Tuesday (26th), football game Wednesday, return home Thursday. Lots of visiting SF's finest drinking establishments and maybe even a trip to the East Bay. Don't tell Minium, he might find me.

Jeremy Jones
12-19-2006, 02:46 PM
There are some fine drinking establishments in Walnut Creek where I live (in the east bay, farther from SF than Oakland).

I'll let you pass out at our gym. There is some doggie pillows for you to sleep on.

Let me know a more detailed itinerary (via email) and maybe we can work something out.

If you want a sure way to find Dan, just go out to the Mission and get arrested. Then say that Dan S. said it was okay for you to do whatever you were doing.

Don Stevenson
12-19-2006, 09:47 PM
OI!

No hijacking my welcome post to arrange any drinking related activities unless i'm invited!:cool:

Ron Nelson
12-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Sorry Don, I thought you were included already.
Can you get to the SF Bay Area right after X-Mas? Do they have X-Mas in Aus? Or, do they wait until July when the weather is more fitting?

Jonsey, I'll send an e-mail.

[/hijack]

Jeremy Jones
12-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Don, we were supposed to have a workout or beer when I was up there last year. Now you have to come to my 'crib'.

BTW did you ever get that thing for the ipod? (the 'otter' waterproof case wasn't it?)

Yael Grauer
12-20-2006, 02:45 PM
I'll let you pass out at our gym. There is some doggie pillows for you to sleep on.

How come nobody ever invites me to pass out at their gym? It's all I've ever wanted!

Pierre Auge
12-21-2006, 03:16 AM
Yael,
the gym opens early in the new year at which point you can come and pass out in it if you want, feel better?

Allen Yeh
12-21-2006, 03:19 AM
That's just a sympathy invite, don't go for it Yael! Heh

Yael Grauer
12-21-2006, 06:29 AM
That's just a sympathy invite, don't go for it Yael! Heh

Yeah, that didn't seem sincere at all. He didn't even offer me doggie pillows. :(

Ken Urakawa
12-21-2006, 07:03 AM
We've got a few sandbags you can crash on...

Yael Grauer
12-21-2006, 07:37 AM

Awww, shucks.

Scott Kustes
12-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Now that's when you know you have a friend. "Hey dude...you can use my sandbag."

Yael Grauer
12-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Now that's when you know you have a friend. "Hey dude...you can use my sandbag."

And all this time I thought Ken didn't like me.

Ken Urakawa
12-21-2006, 01:41 PM
And all this time I thought Ken didn't like me.

Just because I don't like you doesn't mean you can't sleep on our concrete.:D

Yael Grauer
12-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Just because I don't like you doesn't mean you can't sleep on our concrete.:D

HEY!! You said sandbags!!!

:p

Ken Urakawa
12-23-2006, 07:20 AM
You can drag them off to a comfy corner and make a nest. There might even be a few folding mats to make a tent!

Yael Grauer
12-23-2006, 12:12 PM
You can drag them off to a comfy corner and make a nest. There might even be a few folding mats to make a tent!

LOL. And if I go out back, I could gather some sticks, maybe, and build a wickiup!! :) Maybe I could start a little fire out back, too?

Now I just need to work out hard enough that I would need to crash out at the gym because I would be physically incapable of driving the two hours home...