PDA

View Full Version : Yuck, I'm a newb again!

Alex Europa
06-20-2008, 03:27 PM
OK, so I'm a newb again, whatever... :-)

At any rate, as I've been CrossFitting consistently for a bit over a year now, I think I'm ready to switch things up a bit. I've decided to give the CA WOD a go. But I'm going to start when the next macrocycle starts up.

Just to make sure I'm clear. Monday of this week was labeled "1S2"

I take this to mean Week 1 of the 2nd Strength Phase.
As such, "3B1" means Week 3 of the 1st Bulgarian Phase.

Correct?

Thanks!
Alex

Allen Yeh
06-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Welcome. Any experience with the Oly lifts?

Steven Low
06-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Oh, lemme just say if you can get some specific work on coaching for oly it's a huge help. I don't know if you have access to that or not.. but just sayin'

Welcome. :D

Greg Everett
06-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Alex -

That's correct. Welcome.

Alex Europa
06-21-2008, 01:24 AM
Guys, thanks!

Steven, good to see you on here. I'm eagerly awaiting your article on hormonal response. I've got some things I've been thinking about regarding the same topic, but I'm going to read what you have to say first. ;)

Unfortunately, there's no weighlifting coaching here that I'm aware of. I just got stationed here 3 weeks ago so I'm not super familiar with the area, but things don't look too bright for the away team.

A little about myself. I'm 26, 5'11" 185. I received my CF1 in January at NSC and am in the process of starting an affiliate, but am baffled from an insurance perspective due to my location. The other issue plaguing me is trying to get equipment out here without loosing my ass in shipping costs. The house that I'll be renting has a garage that's about 200 sq.ft., and I intend to use all of it. My #1 priority for equipment is obviously bumpers/bar/squat stands/pull-up bar/rubber matting. But that has nothing to do with the price of tea in China...

Some current PRs:
Squat: 335
Press: 145 (my arch-nemisis)
Dead: 385
Front Squat: 255
OHS: 175 x 1; 150 x 15
Cindy: 27 Rounds
Fran: 4:20
C&J: 205
Snatch: No clue. 115-ish. :(

Obviously, I'm no monster. One of the primary reasons for coming over here is my utterly horrendous performance at the O'lifts. It seems to me that the best CrossFitters have solid stats for the Olympic lifts and their accessory lifts; at which, I suck. At this stage in my development/fitness I see greater improvements coming from improved C&J/Snatch/OHS than I do from a sub-4 Fran (which may still happen while I'm over here, whereas the converse is surely not true). Anyways, thanks again for the warm welcome and I look forward to learning and improving with you all!

Alex