PDA

View Full Version : Falkner's Training Log

Chris Falkner
06-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Howdy,

My name is Chris Falkner and I currently work in a local hospital and I am currently going to school to be a personal trainer but I do have plans to get a degree in exercise physiology. I have been trolling this forum for a while and have read and learned a lot. I have decided to keep record of my training to track progress and get advice whenever possible.

My current goals is to maintain a weight of 155-160 with 8-10% BF(currently at 12%). I am looking toward GPP.

My workouts are mostly metcon/gymnasticish and not very organized. It is not till now I am going to design a routine.

I typically train with 3 other guys at a Udall park in Tucson, AZ. But I am usually the most consistant one of the group. I also work from 7PM-730AM regularly F-Sun but I have been picking up Thursdays and during my work week I usually only get 4-6 hours of sleep. My diet was crap(i hate it when my boss brings in donuts).

I have recently restructured my routine and diet so this is a good time to keep record of everything.

My training days ar Fri,Sat,Sun, and Tue at 745AM after work on the weekends. and I am also doing the IF diet Thurs-Sun/Mon depends if i work or not. IF seems to work real well when I work.

I do not have access to any real weights right now so I do mostly BW stuff but I am starting to collect more stuff(sand bags, KB, yada yada). We are all actually getting together to this tuesday to make paralletes, sand bags, slamballs and stuff.

Most of our worksout usually start off with some gymnastic work then on to the WOD which varies depending on what were doing.

Friday 6/20/08

Started late around 8 waiting for a person to show up.

Lever tucks - 3 sets of 10 hanging to tuck with a 10 sec hold at the end

50 burpees with pullup

I progressing well with the tucks I think I am going to start the advance tucks next time. Burpees suck but with the pullup give me Tourette's. I had a little bit more energy to do more but my comrades were in the suck.

It was so freaking hot. I need to get a sweat band

Saturday 6/21/08

16 hour fast

Practice handstands. I am getting better but I spend most the time coaching and assisting two of the other guys.

I set up a circuit with different various times we did 4 sets.

The Circuit was transversing parallel bars front to reverse-moutain climbers-goblet squat with 16KG KB past parallel-transversing monkey bars front to reverse(ripped two calluses on this one on set 3 and 4)-alternating pistols-16kg KB swings.

Duration:
30sec work 15sec of rest
30-15
30-10-I felted pumped up after this set
40-10

This was a pretty fun circuit. It was hot hot as hell. I felt really good

Sunday 6/22/08

16 hour fast

This is my dedicated KB day. I just got my first 16kg KB this week and I one of my goals is to be able to do the long cycle for 10min then progressing with higher weights also.

This was not much of a workout day but more of a technical/form day orientation with my partners since none of them have even touched a bell.

I just went over Swing, Clean, push, push-press, and Jerk. We did some short and long cycles almost lost another callus again.

It was fun to instruct.

Garrett Smith
06-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Welcome, Chris! Hopefully I'll make it by Udall at least one day this coming weekend!

Chris Falkner
06-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks Garrett. Hope to see you there. I am going to invest in a dip belt and some other stuff.

Tuesday 6/24/2008

Ring Training

hanging L-sit to Adv tuck to inversion(unsure what it is really called) to skin the cat to basket hang to couple pulls to back tucks to all the way back to the L-sit
2 reps 3 sets pause at every part

Felt good today I increased progression from tuck to adv tuck and I started going with the L-sit. Good progress.

did a bunch of tabetas but I was a bone head and didnt keep count of the reps

16KG KB Swing
8 sets 20sec of work 10sec of rest

Ring Push Up

Dips on parallel bars

Sprints
6 rounds

This was painful I vomited at round 4 of sprints. fortunately I have not eaten in 20ish hours.

Garrett Smith
06-24-2008, 01:08 PM
I already have a dip belt, maybe you'll want to invest in a weight vest...just a hunch...

Stick to 6-round tabatas, IMO...

Chris Falkner
06-27-2008, 08:47 PM
yea I decided to get a weight vest but they are a little pricey. I am trying to save up for a bunch of things. Primarily backpacking gear. I am planning on going backpacking in the Grand Canyon in october for 7 days.

Friday 6/27/08

circuit
1 round-45on 15off
2 round-45on 15off
3round-20on 10off

burpee
dip
push up
16kg KB two handed swing
lever tucks
hanging leg raises
pullups

These were fun but i should have split up the circuit a little better

20M(guessing on distance) Frog Leaps x2
20M bear crawl
20M crab walk
100ishM sprint
50M power skip
50M jogging backwards

Crab walks were a bitch. other then that it was fun. I had a real strong sprint a lot better then anticipated.

Only problem today was I tweaked my Left shoulder messing around on wednesday doing front handsprings and one handed cartwheels. Hands are still healing from ripping the two calluses.

Garrett Smith
06-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Chris, make sure you have good spotters! Remember that the risk/benefit ratio from tumbling gets really risky really fast, especially if you don't have safety measures (or proper coaching).

I'm taking apart the OL platform for moving it today...

Oh yeah, don't get too much into the long metcons, unless you want to have to fix issues later...your schedule is hard enough already!

Chris Falkner
07-03-2008, 01:22 AM
Garrett cant wait to check the gym when you get it set up. Yea tumbling was a bad idea on my part I was just bored. I know my metcons are long. I am still trying to figure out a routine and stuff.

Saturday 6/28/08

Cindy

I did 11 with pullups to the neck, push ups to the ground and i teabagged the ground with the squats. When it was all and done with I think I could have churned out 2 even 3 more sets. I was just pacing myself. After that I just called it a day.

Sunday 6/29/08

I did some kettlebell work and handstand/planche work. I train with a group of guys with only 2 16kg KB so i had to split things up.

We split up into two groups one did the KB and the other did handstands/planche work.

group one

one handed KB swings R-30sec, L-30sec, rest 30sec x3x3

group two would just do the handstand/planche stuff

KB were fine im going to have to increase the work time and I have not done planche stuff in while it was refreshing but I still need to make paralletes.

Tuesday 7/1/08

Tuesday have become my tabeta/sprint days i have also been doing 8 rounds but I have dropped it to 6 rounds.

16kg KB press alternating between rounds
push ups-chest to ground
bench dips
sumo deadlift high pulls with the 16kg KB
Sprints - the first 4 rounds were really good best yet even until I vomited between 4 and 5 then i just kinda jogged the last two out.

Chris Falkner
07-07-2008, 03:44 AM
Friday 7/4/08

Pull-ups
3x15

BW Squats
3x30

Dips on Parallel bars
3x15

One handed 16KG KB Swing
3x30 each arm

I did about 30 secs of rest in between sets

Played with the rings did a couple of muscle ups and some other stuff.

Saturday 7/5/08

Scaled down barbara

5 rounds of

10 pull-ups
20 Push ups
30 sit ups
40 squats

I didnt keep track of the time and next time I will do the RX Barbara. I did the Push ups down to the ground. I teabagged the ground with squats and neck above bar with pull ups.

Sunday 7/6/08

Core routine

10 reps of Adv Lever tuck pulls with a 10 sec hold at the end for 3 sets on a bar

5 reps of straight leg situps while holding a 16kg KB straight up with a 4 sec downward phase.

10 reps of hanging straight leg raises on stall bars with a 10 sec L-sit at the end for 3 rounds.

10 side pulls(the flag) on each side with a 10 sec hold for 2 rounds

the L-sits and side pulls usually requires a training buddy to help hold you up while you remain to keep the isometric contraction.

Chris Falkner
07-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Wow its been a week. Busy life schedule

I cant remember last tuesday for the life of me and I took Friday off my body needed it I must have slept from 0630 to 1750 that day.

Saturday 7/11/08

Lever Progression

10 pulls with a 10sec hold at the end x3

I did the pulls with just bent knees and doing an advance tuck with the hold.

did a quick circuit of Pull ups, push ups, dips and leg raises x3 for 30 on and 15 off

did sprint intervals with half of the track at udall. I split it into four segments jog,sprint,jog,sprint x3

Sunday 7/12/08

Mostly KB day

One armed Long cycle with 16kg for 1 min for 4 rounds.

4 Turkish getups with 16kg

I wanted to do more but I decided I should not because we had a real slow night at work and spent half the time in a stairwell playing with these rock climbing rings a buddy made. Did a bunch of pullups, muscle-ups, and finger holds. My fingers and forarms were tore up.

7/15/08 Tuesday

did a circuit

Pullup-burpee-dip-squat-hanging leg raises-suicides 30on 15offx4

This whole week has been very long with high amounts of stress. I have my first MMA class in the morning tomarrow at a pretty hardcore gym so I am going to unload for a week and let my body recover.

Chris Falkner
07-27-2008, 06:06 AM
So i havent really kept track of my workout in fact i have not been continuing my normal routine at all. I started training at the hole in a wall of a MMA gym on MWTh and it is rough. I thought I was decently conditioned untill this guy just tore me up. so I am just going to let my body adapt to it then slowly integrate more other training days. I have been doing some LSD no more the 2 miles though a couple time a week with my mouthguard(trying to get used to breathing with it). I am having a lot of fun and it is very very addictive.

I'll keep an update to how I am doing with the MMA training.

So far I have no stand up game at all nothing like getting punched in the nose repeatedly and bleeding. good times. I do have a wrestling background so I am ok with takedowns and sprawling but I also do not know many submissions so I get kinda lost when it comes to that so I mostly ground and pound for now. I am always learning a lot everyday i go.

Chris Falkner
08-09-2008, 05:56 AM
well i hurt my elbows last sunday doing muscle ups on these make shift rings at work. I got a really sharp pain in both of them and they hurt for a good 15 min.

I went to MMA the following monday and after a round of rolling it hurt again so I went to take it easy for the rest of the week and mostly did running and plyos.

Chris Falkner
12-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Well it has been awhile since I have kept up with this log. Lots of stuff have happened that has thrown my life into a loop. I haven't been training at all for the past 3 months. just trying to pop workouts here and there. I have lost a lot of conditioning and lost about 5-7lbs so I am currently weighing in around 150. so I am looking to achieve a 15 - 20 pound weight gain.

I finally have access to an actual training facility instead of a park and my life has stabalized enough so I can start up again. Im going to try out Gant's hybrid program for 12 weeks and see where that goes. my first week is mostly spent finding out my limits.

Monday 12/1/2008

Did Fight Gone Bad and It was awful full of vomiting and gasping for air man I am out of shape.

Tuesday 12/2/2008

Joint Mobility
W/U - 200 jumprope
Handstand work for 10min - got a 5 second freestand my pr is 8s
Push Press
115x2, 120x2,125x2,130x2,135x2 - I felt like i could do more weight
OHS
95x5,45x5,45x5 - wow it was bad. form on the first set was bad.
24kg KB snatchs for 5min - was rough my left side is very noticeable weaker I am going to go down in weight next time.

Wednesday 12/3/2008

Morning -

did a little quick routine
10 GHD situps
15 back extensions
10 revolving pull ups 5 one way and 5 the other way
10 GHD Pull ups
1 min sprint row 302 meters
2 min rest
1 min sprint row 327 meters
- row was tough I think I am lacking good form and I cant seem to stay in my seat I had to stop and adjust in the seat twice the first row and once in the second round.

Afternoon

Joint Mobility
warmed up doing hang cleans with the bar
Power cleans
95x2,115x2,135x2,155x1,155x1 - felt good, the fifth set was better the the fourth I almost got the double.
F. Squat
115x5,135x5,155x5
Deadlifts
155x5,205x5,225x5 - man it has been a long time since I have done deads and wow I forgot how much I love them.

Thursday 12/4/2008

Rest day

Took the day off got much needed sleep

Garrett Smith
12-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Chris, glad you're back in the game!

Um, starting back in with FGB...not the best idea, but it seems you know that now.

Are you training at CF Works?

Chris Falkner
12-12-2008, 01:46 PM
yea I really like FGB so i said eff it. Well my training came to a halt i have been sick since last friday looks was feeling ok on monday so of course I stopped taking meds and look im even more sick now. YAY me. the only I have been doing is stretching which for me is good because I have very very tight hamstrings(I can not touch my toes).

Chris Falkner
12-14-2008, 11:26 PM
wow I think I am finally over this cold.

12/13/2008 Saturday

3 rounds

10 95lbs Thruster
10 pullups
200M run

So yea this didnt end well for me it was supposed to be 4 rounds but if figure after meeting pukie I should stop. I was sucking wind heavy. I was going to do 65lbs thrusters but because I was training with a buddy of mine and we have a saying go big or go home we had to up it. oh well it was good times. Monday I am hitting it hard again cant wait.

Garrett Smith
12-15-2008, 02:54 PM
You are meeting Pukie way too often, my friend. FWIW.

And if I know you, you need to be getting more sleep...

Chris Falkner
12-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Monday 12/15/2008

Joint Mobility

10min of handstand work had a buddy spot very nice

Hang Cleans
125x2135x2,145x2,155failed attempt,155x1,155x1
I think I need to stick to 145 more that way I can get 2 reps in. I need to shrug more.

Back Squat
155x5,175x5,195x5
Full depth teabag squats on all sets

10 min as many rounds as possible
10 GHD situps
10 32kg KB swings
10 ring dips
10 push ups
10 pull ups
did 4 rounds

And yes I need lots more sleep.

Chris Falkner
02-23-2009, 07:37 PM
I aquired a small umbilical hernia about month and a half ago. I havent been training a whole lot. lots of random BW stuff. I dont see having any extra money anytime soon to afford insurance let alone being able to pay for the surgery to take care of it. I did do CFT a couple weeks ago got a 740(245s/140p/355d).

I decided to start training again. I really want to become very proficient at my Olifting so I am starting the CA WODS. I also am planning on playing soccer again indoor and outdoor. Oh and I plan to start competing in olifting also.

2/23/2009 Monday

back squat(high bar, teabagging the floor) - 195x3,195x2,185x3,185x3,185x3
Snatch Deadlift - 135x3x3 Im trying to get used to the hook grip
push press - 115x5x5
pull up (6,8,10)x2
situp - 20kg kbx3x10

Working on a better sleep pattern I typically get 5 hrs a night.

Chris Falkner
02-24-2009, 07:20 PM
2/24/2009 - Tuesday

joint mobility
jumprope 200 skips
handstand work

mid-thigh muscle snatch 85x3x3
2 - position clean + 2 jerk 95,105,105,105

10-16-20

kb swing 24kg
dbl kb clean + 2 push press 14kg

I am not used to doing any kind of metcons.

Chris Falkner
02-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Wednesday 2/25/09

Front squat - (70% x 3, 75% x 2, 80% x 1) x 3
Snatch pull - 100% (of snatch) x 3 x 3
Rack jerk - start with 1 push jerk + 1 split jerk until you can't push jerk anymore; then drop to split jerk only to a heavy single

3 rounds for time of:
15 KB deadlift high pull - 30% BW
20 KB 1-arm snatch - 25% BW

Thursday 2/26/09

Rest

Did some handstand work and played around with the flag

Friday 2/27/09

Power snatch - 75% x 2 x 3
Snatch balance - heavy single; 80% x 2 x 2

5 rounds for time:
8 kipping pull-ups
200 m row

Sat 2/28/09

Snatch - heavy single 135lbs
Clean & jerk - heavy single 165lbs
Ab wheel - 3 x 15

Chris Falkner
03-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Saturday 3/14/2009

Snatch 150lbs PR
Clean 185lbs pr
Jerk 175lbs
F Squat 215lbs pr

I'm having a hard time with the catch phase of both the snatch and the clean. I can't seem to drop fast enough.

Chris Falkner
01-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Lot has changed since my last post. This time I am really going to try to keep this log updated as much as possible.

Current state:
I just moved to hawaii in Nov and I havent done any kind of training. I went from weighting in at 154-142. One of my main goals is to go back up to 155ish so I can compete at 69kg class. I need to just increase my overall strength and work on oly tech. I have found a new gym I am training at the Nu'uanu YMCA where the Hawaii weightlifting team trains and Tommy Kono resides. I also met him today. Pretty frickin awesome. Im going to spend the next week just getting in the gym and working my olifts and squats then Ill start a cycle

Monday 1/4/10

Snatch
worked up to 60kgx3

Dead hang pullup supersetted with ring dips
10/8-10/8-8/6

Had to end my workout early. Lame sauce

Tuesday 1/5/10

Clean and Jerks

60kgx3,65kgx2x2,70kgx3

BS
90kgx2,90kgx3,90kgx2

Garrett Smith
01-06-2010, 05:33 AM
Sweet, you're back!

Don't ditch the journal this time, okay?

Chris Falkner
01-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Ill try friend

Wednesday 1/6/10

Rest day

Hip mobility drills and stretching. Im going to need to invest in a foam roller and tennis ball.

Chris Falkner
01-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Thursday and Friday

Rest

I couldnt find time to get to the gym. not happy about it.

Garrett Smith
01-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Thursday and Friday

Rest

I couldnt find time to get to the gym. not happy about it.
Hey, at least you updated your log! :D

Chris Falkner
01-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Saturday 1/9/10

Snatchs

work up to heavy single
60kg - felt good flew up
70kg - missed I didnt realize I went up 10kg. This was 2kg away from my pr
70kg - I caught it but I couldnt get out of the hole. My shoulders felt really weak

C&J

Heavy single
70kg
80kg
85kg - missed it flew up kinda caught me off guard. my hand slipped out from under it. so i caught it with my shoulders
85kg - easy clean the jerk was kinda messy little bit of pressout.
87.5kg - clean was good but I could feel my back round. Missed the jerk.
My c&j pr is 92kg

Not a bad olift session this was my first real one since I have moved(late Oct). I havent really been Olifting since I went to a powerlifting training cycle with Dr G.

Had to go to work so I was going to do my squats after work but my car has a bad cooling issue. I may not make it to the gym in the next couple days.

Sunday 1/10/10

Rest. Feeling a little sore. I need to get a foam roller and spend time focusing on mobility.

Robert Prieto
01-11-2010, 03:03 PM
The biggest issue you have with C&J is you dont drop under it like you should. Take a breath and just drop in to it. Iknow you will get it.... you got Kono on your side! Keep it up I am going to start up again this week i will start posting .

Chris Falkner
01-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Started a new job having a hard time to figure out a schedule. I will be getting one in tomorrow though

Chris Falkner
01-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Thrusday 1/14/20

Dynamic mobility/foam roll IT and Add

back squat 3x5x155
front squat 2x10x135
3position snatchx3x95
reverse hyper 3x10
front lever tuck 4x15s holds
2 rounds
5 dead hang pullups
10 KNE
15 burpees

30 min of stretching and foam rolling

I am not used to high rep movements and the 2 rounds was supposed to be three but the pullup bar is awefull very thing and smooth.

Chris Falkner
01-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Friday 1/15/10

Dynamic mobility-right shoulder feels tight and weak. I think it may be cause my left right trap is kinda tight. I have been eating more nightshades in the form of peppers.
Push press + Split Jerk -135x3,155x3,155x3
Press-115x5,135x5,135x5
BTN Snatch grip press-65x8,65x9
DB Windmill-30x10r/10l, 25x10r/10l,25x10r/10l
75 chinups were completed throughout the whole workout between sets.

I was going to do back levers but I could only do two sets one was a 15s hold and the other was 7s. Grip failed me.

Pre-hab in the form of foam rolling and stretching

Saturday 1/16/10

Rest day-feeling pretty beat up. was going to do squats but decided to save them for Sunday.

Chris Falkner
01-18-2010, 11:43 AM
1/17/10 Sunday

Dynamic Warmup
Fsqt 155x3x3
bsqt 155x1x10,145x1x10-high rep squats kill me anything after five i gas out.
OH Lunges 45x10x3
BB HipThrust 135x6,155x6,185x6
Hanging Leg Raise 10x3
Foam rolling and stretching

Front squats felt good and strong. So Far It has been a good getting back into it week.

1/18/10 Monday

Rest

Im going to get in some good stretching.

Also I usually go for a 30 min walk every night. But I am thinking about doing some LSD rowing once a week.

Chris Falkner
01-20-2010, 12:21 PM
1/19/10 Tuesday

Dynamic warmpu/Foam Roll Glutes, IT, Add

Clean Pull 185x3, 195x3, 205x3
Snatch Pull 155x3, 175x3, 175x3
I completed 75 dips between these sets

Good Morning supersetted with dumbell rows(croc rows)
95x6/45x10l10r
115x6/45x10l10r
135x6/45x30l30r

Evil Wheel 3x15

Foam roll and static stretch

The extra foam rolling and stretching has helped out a lot.

Chris Falkner
01-21-2010, 02:59 PM
1/20/10 Wednesday

Dynamic mobility
Back Squat 3x5@165
Front Squat 145x8, 135x8, 135x8
Foam roll and hip flexor stretch

Felt very unmotivated today. the front squats felt heavy but the back squats felt ok. I also had to rush the workout so I can get to work on time.

1/21/10 Thursday

Rest - I got to sleep in cause I work a night shift today. Probably a bad Idea cause I feel stiff now.

Chris Falkner
01-23-2010, 02:59 AM
1/22/10 Friday

Dynamic Warmup

Press/Split Jerk 3,3@95, 3,3@105, 3,3@115, 3,3@125, 3,3@130,
Press 7@100

during all my presses I have a pinch in my left shoulder.

Bench Press 6@95, 6@115, 6@135, 6@155, 8@125
bent over reverse fly 4x8@15#
Weighted Planks 3x30s

Foam rolling and stretching

Garrett Smith
01-23-2010, 05:59 AM
You need more shoulder prehab.

Wall extensions
Cuban Presses
Skin-the-cats
Anterior capsule stretch a la DeFranco
Stretch your pecs
Foam roll your lats

Work on your posture, lifting your sternum and *gently* rolling your shoulders back.

Chris Falkner
01-23-2010, 01:56 PM
I have been doing the wall ext, pec stretch and lat rolls more. I am definitely spending more time on prehab and stretching then before. which was pretty non-existent. Lots of foam rolling and stretching.

Chris Falkner
01-24-2010, 01:43 AM
1/23/10 Saturday

Dynamic warm up/foam roll IT,add, and hip flexors

Jumping squats 3x3@75, 3@95

Back Squat 5@165, 5@175, 5@175, 5@185 - Felt really strong today I was supposed to stick with 165 but It felt super light. I think I could have went to 190-195. On monday Ill start my working sets at 180/185

Front Squat 8@135, 8@145, 8@145 - High reps still kill me even at eights but I felt stronger then last session.

Reverse Lunge w/6" deficit 3x5@40 - Really focused on speed.

abdominal work - did a couple sets of this decline situp and russian twist with weight then I remembered how much I hate doing ABBs so I moved on with my life.

Foam rolling it/add/hip/lats/ql
Stretching and wall ext and ant capsule stretch

Chris Falkner
01-27-2010, 10:49 AM
1/24/10 Sunday

Rest

1/25/10 Monday

Rest

Weighted myself this morning I am at 144lbs. Crazy thing is in Oct/Nov I was around 155.

1/26/10 Tuesday

Dynamic warmup/Foam roll IT/ADD/Glute
Power Clean 3@95, 3@115, 3@135, 3x3@155
Front Squat 5@135, 5@145, 5@160, 3x5@165
Back Squat 3x10@155
Stretching/Foam roll

Felt pretty good, I think I am getting better at the higher rep sets.

Chris Falkner
01-28-2010, 12:08 PM
1/27/10 Wednesday

Dynamic warmup/Foam roll IT/ADD/HipFlex

Clean pulls - 3@135, 3@155, 3@185, 3@205, 3x3@225
Sumo Deadlift - 5@225, 5@275, 3@295, 3@300, 1@315, 1@325
Dips 10x10 - I completed each set between pulls
Ab work
Stretching/foam rolling

1/28/10 Thursdy

Rest - Lower back is nice and sore.

Chris Falkner
01-29-2010, 07:57 PM
1/29/10 friday

Dynamic warmup/Foam roll

Jump squats super setted with safety bar squats

a1 Jumping Squats
4@45
3@65
3@95
3@105
3@95
3@95
3@95
3@95
3@95
a2 Safety bar squats
5@95
4@135
4@155
4@165
4@170
4@175
4@185
4@195 - fourth rep felt crazy strong i could have atleast completed 2 more.
15@135

b1 One legg RDL
6@35
6@45
5@50
2@50-Hip flexors are gone. cramping

b2
2x8@BW
b2 pistol

Hip flexors were toast after todays session. I spent extra time foamrolling and stretching.

Chris Falkner
02-02-2010, 09:46 AM
1/30/10 saturday - rest

1/31/10 Sundy - Sick. I ended up vomiting up my only meal of the day at work. Funny thing is during this process all I could think about was I hope I can train tomorrow.

2/1/10 - Monday

I felt much much better today

My training partner is starting a new training program targeting shoulders specifically becuse of poor development. He was a sprinter/hurdler in college. It is 5 day/week 3 days shoulder 2 days full body. He is only going to do it for a month to feel it out. So I said Ill do it with him. The 2 days will be my Oly/squat days. one light oly and one heavy oly.

Dynamic warmup/foam roll lats/rhom/lower back

single arm DB press

5x 40
5x45
5x45L/50R
5x50

Seated Shoulder press of pins elbows at 90 Degree w/ 5sec pause between reps
3x95
3x115
3x135
3x145
3x150
3x155
3x165

Incline Bench Press

3x115
3x125
3x135
3x140
8x115

Push Press 1 rep 3 rep of the same weight. So I would do one rep then rest then I would do 3 rep.

1/3x125
1/3x135
1/3x140
1/3x145
1/3x150
1/3x155

Stretch and foam roll

Chris Falkner
02-08-2010, 11:57 PM
I have a list of workouts I need to update but my training partner has them so I may never get to it. Well last week we started a 4 week cycle focusing on shoulders this is the second week now.

I have also had issues with my left lat it seems to be active and tight which is inhibiting my delt to activate properly.

2/8/10

Stretch/Foam roll

One arm press

3x5@40
1x5@45

Seated Pin press with elbows at 90 degrees
155x3
160x3
165x3
170x3
175x2

Incline BP

115x5
125x3
135x3
115x12

Push Press

115x1,3
125x1,3
135x1,3
145x1,3
150x1,3
155x1,3
125x8

Stretch/foam roll

Garrett Smith
02-09-2010, 03:42 AM
What, are you bodybuilding now? Trying to cap those shoulders? Seated presses?

Get a lacrosse ball, dig it into the teres minor and lat...lay on it and relax.

Chris Falkner
02-11-2010, 08:10 PM
2/9/10 Tuesday

Stretch/foamroll

Clean and Jerk
1@95
1@125
1@145
1@155
1@165
1@175
1@175 fail
1@175
1@175

small incline chest pin press
3@155
3@165
3@175
3@185
3@205

2/10/10 Wednesday

Dynamic warmup/foam roll - lats felt really good today

2 reps 7 sets
A1 seated pin press 140
A2 lateral raise 20
A3 push press 125
A4 front raise 20

2 reps 7 sets
B1 Clean high pull 135
B2 Clean shrug pull 205
B3 BB upright rows 65
B4 Face pulls 150

Chris Falkner
02-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Competed in the Oahu Open yesterday I did ok for not training the in the lifts. snatched 65Kg failed the next two attempts at 67kg I can pull it like its nothing I just had a hard time stablizing out of the hole. I CJ 75kg, 80kg, 90kg they all felt easy I think I could have went up another 2-5kg. Also when it was time to do the snatch I was feeling very sleepy and didnt feel like my body was firing correctly even with a good warm up. by the time the CJ came around I was pumped.

Garrett Smith
02-15-2010, 05:52 AM
Sweeeeet, brah! Any of those PRs?

Chris Falkner
02-15-2010, 07:22 PM
No prs for me this time. I have spent a whole lot of time overhead squat position so I felt very very unstable. I know my pulls are strong enough though. Ill be setting prs in a month or two. Also on a side note. I figured Crossfit Oahu would sent some of their elite athletes to compete and alas they only send two girls. Proving crossfit proves it turns girls into men and men into women.

Garrett Smith
02-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Ouch, zing!

Well, you are having to rebuild your squat from the bottom up. Considering your DL, you definitely have the pull in you.

Chris Falkner
02-18-2010, 11:26 PM
1/15/10 Monday

one arm DB press
5x35,5x40,5x45

Seated Pin Press elbows at 90
3x135
3x145
3x155
2x165
2x155

Clean and Jerk

115,125,135,145,8x1@155

I had to rush through this session. Bad warmup. my left lat felt really tight it seems to be an issue. After stepping on the platform this weekend it makes me really want to have a OL focus. Next meet is in June.

1/16/10 Tuesday

Rest mostly because I Couldnt manage a time to get in the gym.

1/17/10 Wednesday

Dynamic Warmup/Foam roll

2 reps 7 sets
A1 seated pin press 145
A2 lateral raise 20
A3 push press 135
A4 front raise 20

2 reps 7 sets
B1 Clean high pull 145
B2 Clean shrug pull 245
B3 BB upright rows 85
B4 Face pulls 150

1/18/10 Thursday

Rest

Foam rolling

Chris Falkner
02-23-2010, 11:16 AM
1/22/10 Monday

5 min row
Dynamic warmup/foam roll

Clean And Jerk

115x3
125x3
135x3
145x3
155x2
155x2
155x2

Seated Pin press with elbows at 90 Degrees

95x3
115x3
135x3
145x3
155x3
165x3
170x1

Bench Press

135x4
145x4
155x3
165x3

I thought I wanted to do bench then after four sets I realized I wanted to carry on with my life. I have a real hard time to be motivated to do bench.

Chris Falkner
02-26-2010, 09:05 PM
2/23/2010 Tuesday

Front Squats

3 10s rest 3 10s rest 3 6 sets at 165

damn I did more on this day I really cant remember for the life of me

2/36/10
sets super setted
6 sets-

3 reps of push press @95
3 rep seated db press @35
4 rep seated db press @40
5 rep seated db press @45 4 sets

snatch
db upright rows @30

Chris Falkner
03-03-2010, 01:17 AM
3/1/10 Monday

Foam Roll/dynamic warmup

Seated Pin press elbows at 90

3x135
3x145
3x155
3x165
3x175
3x180PR
2x185PR
1x195PR
1x200PR
failed at 205

Incline Bench

155x3
165x3
lost all desire to really do any more

Push press

135x1,3
145x1,3
155x1,3
165x1,3
175x1,3
135x8

3/2/10 Tuesday

dynamic warmup/Foam roll

Front Squat
3 rep 10s rest x3
Supersetted with single leg RDL 50lbs DB

135x16

Seated row

140x5
150x5
160x5
170x5
180x5
140x12

Chris Falkner
03-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Starting a new mass cycle for next two months then a oly specific cycle for a month then a Olifting meet.

3/14/2010 Sunday

Foam roll/dynamic warmup
Snatch - worked up to working set. 95x3, 105x3, 115x3

Back Squat - 5x165, 5x175, 10x185, 10x135, 10x135

Front Squat - 2x10x125, 10x135

OH Lunge 3x20steps@55lbs

3/15/2010 Monday

Push Press 3x155, 3x165, 3x175

Press 5x100, 5x110, 11x115, 10x80, 10x85

Weighted Dips 5x5, 25,25,35,35,40

Weighted pullups 5x5, 25,30,35,40,2@40

Chinup 3xamrap, 7,9,8