PDA

View Full Version : Asthma and Chiropractic

Joe Hart
07-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Anyone heard about asthma being cured or the severity reduced through chiropractic care? I have seen a few articles about how it might help, but I have seen the rebuttals where the study is flawed because the control input is to close to the non-control input, from surveys taken. Sorry, I'm not of the scientific mind to state the idea correctly.

My sons seems to be developing asthma. He has some allergies too. Tree nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, dogs, pollen. It sucks for him being that he is 6, but he is really and I mean REALLY on top of what he can and can not eat.

Thanks

Mike ODonnell
07-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Dumb all dairy if he eats/drinks any. Probiotics may also be a good idea. Has he had alot of anti-biotics in the last couple years?

Joe Hart
07-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Yes to the antibiotics. Would kefir work for probiotics? He really likes milk so that could be a problem. If he was off of dairy, how long do you think it would take to see an improvement?

Mike ODonnell
07-03-2008, 06:26 AM
One of those things on how long it takes....who knows? Plus it can vary by individual. But for sure, Milk/Dairy is a HUGE factor in asthma and related breathing inflammation disorders. Best thing to do is an elimination diet...keep him off all dairy for 3 weeks...then you can SLOWLY add some back in to see the effect. Some people also find that they are fine on things like goat milk or raw dairy (vs the pasteurized kind). Cheese also needs to be eliminated for a while (good luck there!). Kefir is a good source...but also dairy based. You may not want to add kefir during the elimation phase but then add it back in later on once the asthma symptoms (hopefully) die down. Rotating foods is always the best way to go...like kefir every 2-3 days, not every day. You have to remove all potential sources in order for the body to take a break and clean itself up....but it's nothing compared to what the alternative may be.

I used to drink milk like it was going out of style as a kid.....had terrible skin and sinusitis issues but never astma like breathing issues (and I played tons of sports). Now...having dumped milk like 15 years ago.....if I drink a big glass of milk...feels like someone is stepping on my chest....if I drink more (tried a while back to add in a quart of milk a day for mass gain test)....breathing issues for days (and sinusitis flared up too). Funny....the more you clear things out....the worse the response is when you bring them back in...but that's just the body trying to let you know that it doesn't want it.

Garrett Smith
07-03-2008, 07:00 AM
No dairy, no wheat. See how that goes.

Also, considering the state he is progressing towards, IMO it would be a really good idea to postpone any vaccinations in his compromised state.

Mike ODonnell
07-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Joe any updates? Did dairy removal help?