PDA

View Full Version : Prolotherapy: Round Two

Greg Battaglia
07-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Hey guys,
I just started (about a month ago) doing the Crossfit WOD as prescribed at full intensity. At first my shoulders felt great and everything felt good. Unfortunately, I'm getting some rotator cuff tendinitis and it won't seem to go away (even after a few days rest). After many injuries I've learned my lesson and I won't be training until this is completely resolved. My doc said I might need a "touch up" shot down the line if the pain came back, so I think I'm ready to go back and get an injection.

Anyways, does anyone have any good supplement recommendations that could assist the healing after the shot? I was thinking maybe MSM, glucosamine/chondriotin, hyaluronic acid, and wobenzyme.

How's that look? Anybody know any others?

Steven Low
07-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Supplements may or may not work. Those are generally the ones people have seen good results with.. try it out.

Garrett Smith
07-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Greg,
Talk to the physician. Part of the process of prolotherapy is inducing inflammatory processes to repair and tighten connective tissues. The only one in your list that your doc may not want you to take is likely the Wobenzym. Ask him/her what they think. You don't want to short-circuit the treatment.

Greg Battaglia
07-09-2008, 04:22 PM
I was under the impression that systemic enzymes would be beneficial in regards to providing the raw materials that the body could use to help rebuild and repair the damaged tissue. Why would I want to avoid them? My doc's pretty well versed in alternative approaches, so I'll run the question by him.

Anyway, I went over to the Vitamin Shoppe today and got a good glucosamine/chondriotin/MSM supp and a bottle of cissus quadrangularis on Ross Enamaits recommendation. Ross swears by this stuff for his athletes so I figured I'd give it a try. Apparently this stuff not only reduces pain, but actually helps to regenerate damaged tendons and ligaments. I thought that it could have a complimentary effect to the prolo shot.

Thanks for the helpful replies.