PDA

View Full Version : The Advantages of Hanging Out Here

sarena kopciel
07-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey, what can I say? The more I hang out here, the more I learn, gain and benefit!! See the new avatar, I met Rachel Izzo here on PM, just corresponding the last few months. Well, yesterday we actually met and hung out. And tomorrow we are gonna train together too. Yeah and then I am cooking dinner at my friend/coach's house and Rachel is coming to eat, at her request! Looking forward!

Rachel Izzo
07-24-2008, 10:07 PM
LOVE the picture!!! :D

Jay Cohen
07-25-2008, 01:46 AM
Very cool.

Allen Yeh
07-25-2008, 05:03 AM
Nice.

Jamila Bey
07-26-2008, 11:50 PM
We DC-area folks should get together one of these days...

sarena kopciel
07-27-2008, 07:46 AM
We DC-area folks should get together one of these days...

I would be the first to say that it is real cool meeting someone you only know from their PM or CF (or wherever) posts!!

ANd btw, the baby is looking real big now!:) SWEET

Derek Maffett
07-27-2008, 06:26 PM
I thought you lived in New York?

Steven Low
07-27-2008, 09:05 PM
I second the DC area get together. :p

On second thought, I haven't been out to CF DC in a while either. Hmm.

sarena kopciel
07-27-2008, 09:51 PM
I thought you lived in New York?
Hey I do Derek but I am here in Bainbridge on vacation and am thinking of relocating too!!

Allen Yeh
07-28-2008, 03:58 AM
I second the DC area get together. :p

On second thought, I haven't been out to CF DC in a while either. Hmm.

Who else is around DC, you, Jamila, Patrick(not sure if he left for college at this point yet?), myself. I know Jesse is but I haven't seen him on CA/PM in a while? Most of the other people I know are CF affiliates like CFDC (I bet I haven't been there longer than you have!), CF Oldtown, CF Alexandria. Any other PM'ers I'm missing?

Steven Low
07-28-2008, 09:14 AM
I know pretty much most of the people from Primal (tried to get some of them to come online but hey dunno about that). Yeah, I haven't seen Jesse around for a while either.

Patrick's not at college yet. I think UMCP starts late Aug or so.

Shrug. Maybe if Robb Wolf comes in we'll all get together, ha!

Kevin Perry
07-28-2008, 09:32 AM
You know how hard i've tried to get CF'ers around here to have a get together? You guys are lucky.

Jamila Bey
07-30-2008, 07:37 AM
I've not done the CF DC thing in two years!!! Funny how time flies when you join a posh gym with a lifting platform where everyone's scared of you so you have free run of that little space to outlift the guys while wearing a tennis skirt.

So... I say hit the buffet at Phillips and gorge on crab legs. And peel and eat shrimp.

How about the 1st weekend after Labor Day- gives everyone time to come back from vacation?

Allen Yeh
07-30-2008, 09:20 AM
I vote for something other than the first weekend, I almost always have my Army drills on those weekends.

Allen Yeh
08-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Derek Simonds and I met up for dinner at a Brazillian steakhouse last night, good company and good conversation.

Jamila Bey
09-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Derek Simonds and I met up for dinner at a Brazillian steakhouse last night, good company and good conversation.

You went to Fogo de Chao without telling me first!!!! Oh well.

I have SERIOUSLY overestimated my getting out abilities with the boy! Good thing I work from home. Anyhow, I'm now feeling all good and restless- I'm ready to get back into the gym and go from there. And all you can eat places are my total faves.

BTW- A new CF just opened up the street from me at Navy Yard, so I'm gonna check that out. Perhaps run into anyone I know cyberspace-wise?

sarena kopciel
11-07-2008, 02:19 AM
Well, I was in Israel the past 9 days and finally had the opportunity to meet, hang out with and workout with Gittit. I think we both had fun. She is truly great!!

Highlilght for me was perhaps being kicked out of the hotel gym since I was no longer staying at said hotel. We moved to an unused lobby and proceeded to have fun together. We did stair sprints, probably to the dismay and shock of some tourists ad hotel personnel. We FS'ed some coffee table and OHSed a chair/bench! Gittit showed me some of her Capoeira stunts including pistols. We also did some walking lunges.

Hey Gittit, I had fun getting sweaty alongside you. Gotta do it again next time the opportunity strikes! Will post pics later.

Moral of story guys and girls, if the opportunity presents itself--meet your PM friends. You have more in common with them, oftentimes, then you may realize.