PDA

View Full Version : Poliquin Cert?

Gittit Shwartz
07-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Hi all,
I'm starting university here in November and I've been thinking that I'd like to do some work as a personal trainer while I'm at school. I want to get some sort of certification in my hands before I'm buried under books. My options are:
a. Locally recognized "gym instructor" cert - 4-6 months of classes in which I probably won't learn much that I don't already know or is relevant / compatible with how I plan to work;
b. PICP Level 1 in Fullerton, Calfornia, October 3-5! I was planning a visit to the US anyway.
A local cert will make it easier to get a job at a gym, but that's not what I'm after. It might be easier to get insurance, but I doubt I'll be working enough as a student that I'll want insurance.

I just thought I'd get some advice on this from the wise folks here. Has anyone done the PICP? Any general advice, some detail that I haven't thought of?
Also, I'm sure I'll learn a lot at the PICP seminar but I'm a bit nervous about going there not in the best shape I've been (though hopefully some improvement by then). Does anyone know if that should affect my ability to pass the final tests?

Garrett Smith
07-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Gittit,
Wouldn't Ido be a good person to answer these questions?

Mike ODonnell
07-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Do what is cheapest...and get's you working quickly......experience is the best teacher...that and the internet is full of enough free stuff....I know plenty of trainers making good money....and dumb as a rock.