PDA

View Full Version : Digestive Enzymes?

Grissim Connery
07-30-2008, 12:49 PM
---

Steve Liberati
07-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Congrats on the conversion Grissim. Give it time, your body will iron itself in time on its own. Give the probiotics a go for a month and see what difference they make. I'm guessing you will include them as a regular part of your diet.

Mike ODonnell
07-30-2008, 05:52 PM
I'd say probiotics before enzymes.....of course those might make it worse before it gets better....which is usually the transition anyways.

See if this helps any http://projectfit.org/iflifeblog/2008/04/27/why-you-need-to-look-before-you-flush/

Garrett Smith
07-31-2008, 07:57 AM
A trial of Betaine HCl (a stomach acid supplement) may be warranted. Poliquin has an article on T-Nation with the protocol, I don't have time right now to find the link...

Probiotics, a good solid dose, would be worth a try.

Some folks don't deal well with beef. If you are one of them (after trying the above things), don't fight it. One needs protein, but it doesn't have to be beef. Lamb, venison, or goat may work better for you.

Grissim Connery
07-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try the probiotics first and see what happens. I'm also trying to eat citrus fruits before i down some beef PWO. i feel that if i kinda prime my stomach with something acidic a few minutes before i eat any meat, the initial ingestion is a lot easier. I'm also trying to drink less water while i eat the citrus fruit and meat so that i dont' dilute the acid in my gut. i normally chug a whole lot of water during this time and it leaves me bloated and i feel like i have a nonmoving lump in my gut.

Fenthis Glusos
07-31-2008, 12:52 PM
actually, citrus fruits are NOT acidic as commonly believed but rather highly alkalizing!