PDA

View Full Version : Strict zoner considering Paleo

Anthony DiSarro
08-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Looking for a little direction or personal experience.

I have been on a strict zone for the 4 months or so. All meals (16 blocks and 2X fat) weighed and measured, favorable foods only. I am 5-10 165#'s and very lean. I primarily Crossfit and my CF total has gone up each time called for and my bodyweight has remained constant. Although i like being pretty ripped i would like to put on a bit more muscle while maintaining my fitness at the expense of a few % BF. I have decided to mix in 5X5 heavy lifts on days 1,3,5,7 etc...in addition to the WOD's and will ease up a bit on metcon as recommended here. I have recently started reading Paleo for athletes and I am wondering if this goal would best be reached by switching to a more Paleo based diet that is not quite so calorie restricted, or just bump up my blocks.

Thanks in advanced for any insight into this.

Derek Weaver
08-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Bump the blocks and go past 2x fat. You need calories to grow.

Anthony DiSarro
08-04-2008, 04:14 PM
I think part of it is I miss some of the food I'll get to eat again on the Paleo side :D

Derek Weaver
08-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Anthony,
You'll get to eat a lot more of the paleo foods. Paleo + Zone, plus lots of fat = decent environment for growth. Although, non Paleo foods may make it easier (starches, dairy)

Anthony DiSarro
08-04-2008, 06:47 PM
yeah i think you're right Derek and Corey, I'll start trying to mix them together. I know how fast I can I can lean out on a strict zone, right now i just need to focus on a little more muscle. thanks guys