PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my new IF schedule...

Ari Kestler
08-04-2008, 05:53 PM
I previously did IF about 5-6 days a week eating from 1-7pm...this worked really well for me...I was getting 8-9 hours of sleep and my training was coming along nicely... Starting today for the next 2 months my schedule is going to look something like this:

Day A: 6am - 5pm
Day B: 6am - 7/10pm alternating

So it's A/B short/A/B long/A...I get 2 days off every 14 days...

I will also be getting 6-7 hours of sleep instead of 8-9.

How would you recommend I change my IF window/eating based on increased stress, decreased training, decreased sleep? I used to workout 4-5x a week, now it looks like it will be 2 most times, 3 tops. I'm primarily going to work big compound movements to maintain my strength until I get out of this 2 month rotation... I will probably workout only on A days...I already know the sleep is going to a major factor for me. Long B days will be insane and it will be difficult to sit down and eat, I'm thinking of making this a full fast day... I also don't like eating right before bed so coming home and eating is not really an option...

Any tips/help/suggestions?

Thanks.

Liam Dougherty Springer
08-04-2008, 11:21 PM
How would you recommend I change my IF window/eating based on increased stress, decreased training, decreased sleep?
Any tips/help/suggestions?

Thanks.

I don't have any great advice but I have noticed that for myself when I am emotionaly spent shorter fasting periods and smaller meals helps keep me calm. Sometimes I want to do things with mt diet that just don't end up being practical givin other environmental stimulouse at the time. I don't typicaly find that I need more calories just more evenly spaced meal times and I also need less carbs during periods of decreased training this also calms me down.

I usualy stick to very low carb veggies maybe an apple to start my day and some fruit after my work out. Avocados and Olive Oil as my fats I also do more fish and eggs during the stress periods and am carefull to keep my Omega 3s high in the diet.

Basicaly I keep digestion light and inflamation low and honestly when I am anxiouse I try and keep my energy levels a bit lower through less food and less high GI carbs. Less training and food will also help me when I have less sleep.

I'd focus on strength training and have a higher cal and increased protein period after to maintan muscle mass during reduced cal time. Dont take what I posted as advice its what I do in a similar circumstance but there are some folks around here that have been doing this alot longer.