PDA

View Full Version : USAW Certification

Cassidy Drake
08-12-2008, 11:23 AM
For those of you that are certified. Do any of you, or anyone in general have info on this course?

http://weightlifting.teamusa.org/content/index/1917

Cassidy Drake
08-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Anyone:D

Garrett Smith
08-22-2008, 12:43 PM
If you want to learn how to do and teach the lifts, go to the PMenu OL seminar.

If you want to be an OL coach and have lifters competing under you at USAW meets, then get the USAW cert.

Greg Everett
08-22-2008, 02:14 PM
The quality and even content of the SP course seems to vary widely among coaches. It's, as I understand it, just power variations of the lifts and plyo type stuff - nothing remarkable.

Allen Yeh
08-22-2008, 03:18 PM
+1 for Greg seminars.

Garrett Smith
08-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Sorry, I assumed you were talking about the USAW OL club coach course.

As for the SP course, I'd say if you know how to do/teach both the "slow" lifts and the OLs, you can pretty much figure out on your own everything in between (ie. plyos, power variations, etc.).

Cassidy Drake
08-29-2008, 07:14 AM
Ok cool, thanks for the input everyone. I really appreciate it.

Arden Cogar Jr.
09-03-2008, 02:48 PM
It's my intention to get the USAW Club Coach cert. I also want to go one of Greg's certs when they get a bit closer to my area.

Both I and my two young daughters have an interest in WL. We're actually going to do our first Novice Comp at ECG's Morristown, NJ, this October. Sending out the entries tomorrow.

My only rationale in getting the cert is to learn as much as I can about the lifts. There are not many folk that oly lift in my area.

A colleague is attempting to set up a xfit facility nearby and I may end up doing some instructional courses on what I know to date - which should be enough to give them a little more than the general idea.

All the best,
Arden

Allen Yeh
09-04-2008, 01:43 AM
A colleague is attempting to set up a xfit facility nearby and I may end up doing some instructional courses on what I know to date - which should be enough to give them a little more than the general idea.

All the best,
Arden

Nice.