View Full Version : Too fat to execute?

Allen Yeh
08-22-2008, 06:26 AM
http://www.netrition.com/cgi/newsprint.cgi?file=20080805115400_1

Now I have heard everything.

W T F

Frank Needham
08-22-2008, 07:05 AM
They could always package him into small enough portions. Then execution would be a moot point. Would that do it?

Patrick Donnelly
08-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Firing squads don't care how fat you are... Just makes you easier to hit.

Has the US done away with firing squads entirely? I really have no idea what the approved methods are anymore.

Gant Grimes
08-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Wow, being fat can save your life. Score one for the fat acceptance crowd.

Firing squads don't care how fat you are... Just makes you easier to hit.

Has the US done away with firing squads entirely? I really have no idea what the approved methods are anymore.

Not entirely, Patrick. Oklahoma and Idaho still offer this fine service. Utah can grandfather it in.

The Ohio inmate should be subjected to hard physical labor. He could do something worthwhile while shedding excess pounds.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=245

Several years ago, there was a really interesting death penalty appeal story. One death row inmate was spared the needle because he was mentally retarded (constitutionally, it is cruel and unusual to execute a mentally retarded person). However, throughout the appeals process--working with attorneys, discussing law and strategy, reading, researching, and writing--the inmate because "smarter." So the state moved to administer another IQ test to see if he was intelligent enough to execute.

Moral of the story: learning is not always good for you.

Allen Yeh
08-22-2008, 08:40 AM
They could do like what was done to that guy in the movie Se7en.....

Leslie Poole
08-29-2008, 02:13 PM
If he has been in prison for, say, about 12 years, how in the world is he that overweight? I think the State of Ohio is feeding folks either too well or too much. If he does one wod, he might have a heart attack- would that be cruel and unusual?

Kevin Perry
08-29-2008, 06:04 PM
I think hanging is fairly appropriate but wether the rope would withstand his weight??

...we need to be creative with our death sentences

Jason Tanner
08-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Maybe a heart attack will get him first.

Kevin Perry
08-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Maybe a heart attack will get him first.

Oh that would be to kind.

p.s. I read a news article a couple hours ago about woman who threw her 1 month old into an oven and baked her to death...

Can't even describe the things that went into my head about that one. Not sure what else can be said.

Tony Ferous
08-29-2008, 11:58 PM
If he has been in prison for, say, about 12 years, how in the world is he that overweight? I think the State of Ohio is feeding folks either too well or too much. If he does one wod, he might have a heart attack- would that be cruel and unusual?

Good point, i wonder if there are any stats on weight loss for prisoners? I assume that most have opportunity to excercise every day, but with limited amounts of food....

Eva Claire Synkowski
08-30-2008, 08:22 AM
im willing to bet prison-food isn't low carb w/ plenty of HFCS processed junk. combined with a genetic metabolic derrangement, and limited activity... recipe for gaining weight.

Scott Kustes
09-01-2008, 10:42 AM
They could do like what was done to that guy in the movie Se7en.....
Is it bad that I thought the same thing?

I think hanging is fairly appropriate but wether the rope would withstand his weight??

...we need to be creative with our death sentences
Anchor wire.