PDA

View Full Version : M&M fed beef.

Darryl Shaw
09-02-2008, 05:47 AM
It seems that the rising price of corn is forcing cattle farmers to use cheaper alternatives namely M&M's and potato chips.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid452319854?bctid=1667996405

Steve Liberati
09-02-2008, 06:30 AM
More friggin byproducts and more reason to eat grass-fed meats.

Camille Lore
09-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Gross.

Frank Needham
09-02-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm sure there will be many for whom this doesn't even matter!

hmmm chocolate beef.....This whole thing reminds of something they have in the Philippines called "chocolate meat", also called dinuguan in the dialect. Basically it is blood stew constructed of various animal parts, mostly pig. The parts, blood and seasonings are all mixed together and then stewed. I've always screwed up my nose at this stuff but next time my wife drags me to the Phil fast food joint again I may try it!

Tom Rawls
09-02-2008, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=Frank Needham;38101 . . . reminds of something they have in the Philippines called "chocolate meat", also called dinuguan in the dialect. Basically it is blood stew constructed of various animal parts, mostly pig. The parts, blood and seasonings are all mixed together and then stewed. I've always screwed up my nose at this stuff but next time my wife drags me to the Phil fast food joint again I may try it![/QUOTE]

In the US, we call this sausage. Or hot hogs. Or scrapple.

As or m&ms and chips, the cows get to eat the same good stuff every 10-year-old wants. It's the latest in humane farming.

Darryl Shaw
09-03-2008, 05:48 AM
As or m&ms and chips, the cows get to eat the same good stuff every 10-year-old wants. It's the latest in humane farming.

I can imagine how the advertising campaign will go.....

"If it's good enough for your kids it's good enough for our cows......after all you wouldn't feed your kids grass would you?"