PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else noticing their facial hair growing in quicker?

Fenthis Glusos
09-05-2008, 12:25 PM
I've been doing a paleo-type diet for a couple of months now -- much more veggies and fruits than meat though (meat is only for dinner and not even every day, as I'm a pauper). I noticed that my beard hair grows in so much faster now than before, must be all the nutrients in the fruits and veggies I suppose. I'm guessing the same effect must be happening with my head hair, but as it's fairly long already, I don't noticed as much.

Anyone else finding this to be the case with them as well? Certainly not a bad thing imo...but interesting nonetheless. I guess its nature's way of telling us to grow out our darn beards and mesh with the wild.

Ari Kestler
09-05-2008, 12:43 PM
hmm...not so much from the fruits and veggies as it is from heavy lifting and fat consumption assuming you are doing that... hair growth would really just be a function of testosterone production which is directly related to your diet (fat) and exercise (lifting heavy)

Fenthis Glusos
09-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Nah, I don't really do so much heavy lifting -- mainly a lot of conditioning stuff as I'm a martial artist (practicing both hard external stuff and soft internal work). Fat consumption isn't really all that high, I just use olive oil on some of my dishes. It is mainly fruits and veggies with me, also some foraging finds...next up would be fresh seafood and chicken.

If anyone is interesting in learning how to forage http://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/ this guy tours the states, go to one of his 'classes'

George Mounce
09-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Fenthis, I've noticed the same thing, plus I have to shave twice a day to really keep up with it.

Steven Low
09-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Yep. Whenever I do a particular hard cycle I get extra hair growth and sometimes pimples.

Diet change can do that as well.

Kris Reeves
10-06-2008, 07:08 AM
I've noticed that since I've started eating paleo...I *have* to shave every day and sometimes twice!

Jacob Rowell
10-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Finally, a reason that will motivate me to go Paleo - the need to fill in my <cough> "beard" a little better!

Steven, I have noticed my skin getting worse after lifting heavy the past few months.