PDA

View Full Version : IF and 2 a days

Grissim Connery
09-25-2008, 09:07 AM
---

Mike ODonnell
09-25-2008, 10:02 AM
If your HIIT is short enough to leave you feeling good and not "bonked", then perhaps. If you do too much, your blood sugar will crash, cortisol spike and muscle loss happens. You could also try adding amino acids pre-HIIT if muscle loss is a concern. The try and see method is always the only way....but too much HIIT will not be good overall, keep it short and sweet and feel great after.

That and try adding in fruit with your eating the night before...to get liver glycogen stocked up for the next day (as it will be drained anyways overnight).

Ari Kestler
09-26-2008, 05:50 AM
The only real way I could see you doing this if you IF daily is to do ME type stuff in the AM, wait an hour, break your fast, then do metcon type workouts in the afternoon, and you'd have to be eating a TON.

Liam Dougherty Springer
09-27-2008, 09:57 AM
The only problem I could see here is recovery pre competition. For me when I do things like this I belive I receve great bennifits both short and long term. I will lose weight, lean out, retain strength atleast, and my met con and mental awarenes improve dramaticaly. However there is only a certain period of time before I need some seriouse recovery inorder to keep from finding the meaning of "too much of a good thing". During the recovery I will often immediatly gain 3+ pounds of water and fat and my metabolism needs an adjustment period before that fat is going back away. Still I am not adviseing against the two a day low cal IF I just wanted to share my experience.:D

Mike would know more but some carb cycleing around specific training scheduals may also be bennificial and may leave you further from a point of over training just before a copetition.

Liam Dougherty Springer
09-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Oh yeah and when doing a similar WO plan some of my favorite morning metcons.

Fran, 100 meter sprint drills, 10 min. cindy/mary, 1/2 angie, 100(max! 50 will work) burpies for time, Helen, or make up my own but try and keep the reps under 200 and the time definatly under or just at 10 min. These are CF work outs and just incase you aren't familiar they can all be found on the main page. If the work out is a full 10 min as many rounds type I will get myself going then moderate and not go for on the ground gasping.