PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Potatoes PWO

Grissim Connery
09-26-2008, 10:16 PM
How do you dress up sweet potatoes if you're eating them pwo and don't want to use coconut oil or another fat source? i'm mostly curious about flavors that DON'T involve the pumpkin pie spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ginger etc.) it's not that i don't like these, but i feel that sweet potatoes always get tagged with these. it's got more potential.

Jaime Steele
09-27-2008, 12:47 AM
check this post out http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37210

George Mounce
09-27-2008, 01:19 AM
How do you dress up sweet potatoes if you're eating them pwo and don't want to use coconut oil or another fat source? i'm mostly curious about flavors that DON'T involve the pumpkin pie spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ginger etc.) it's not that i don't like these, but i feel that sweet potatoes always get tagged with these. it's got more potential.

You could just eat them plain. they are good that way as well. Nothing says natural as eating things without spices or fat.

Of course what I do, is use the Warrior Diet pumpkin cheesecake recipe (http://www.warriordiet.com/diet/recipes#d1) and use sweet potatoes instead.

Greg Davis
09-27-2008, 04:29 AM
Try mashing them up with a bit of lavender.. I took a tip from the owner of a local (high quality) spice shop.. it works

Patrick Donnelly
09-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Honey.

If you have the meat and the potatoes on the same plate, then the liquids from the two will mix together and give the meat a light honey flavor also. It's amazing.

Grissim Connery
09-27-2008, 08:26 AM
lavender sounds legit. i'm gonna try that.

Greg Davis
09-27-2008, 11:15 AM
lavender sounds legit. i'm gonna try that.

note you might want to try it in SMALL amounts first to see if you like the flavor and go from there

sarena kopciel
09-27-2008, 04:53 PM
I like cumin and garlic:)

Grissim Connery
10-05-2008, 06:08 PM
yeah the lavender was a trip. i felt like i was drinking tea and eating a potato at the same time. i'll try the cumin next time. generally i only use cumin seeds cause they are so much more intense, but i'll settle for some powder to see if i can get these sweet potatoes rollin. can't wait till christmas-i'm getting a spice grinder from my sister

Grissim Connery
10-05-2008, 06:09 PM
but don't get me wrong, i'm gonna keep experimenting with the lavender