PDA

View Full Version : EAS protien

Joe Hart
10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Any one have an opinion on EAS protein? I can get a big bag of it at Costco pretty cheap. It supposedly has whey, casisin(sp?) and soy protein in it. The soy part bothers me but is it that much to make a difference? Is it worth it? I had been using whey before.

On another note: What companies are generally reputable for supplements? I have been using NOW and they seem okay. Any others of note good or bad?

THanks,

Joe

Derek Simonds
10-07-2008, 08:32 AM
I haven't used EAS in a long time. No reason for not using it other than I found it to be bland and at the time I was mixing all my shakes with water in a shaker cup. If you blend it smoothie style with fruit it becomes a non issue. Protein powder for me comes down to taste and how it makes my stomach feel.

I have used many different supplement companies and had varying degrees of luck with different products. I have never used NOW so I can't comment. For multi's and ZMA I use the GNC brand or Vitamin Shop brand whichever is most cost efficient.

Hope that helps. Let me know what you think of the EAS protein powder I might have to grab some at Costco myself.

Jean-Patrick Millette
10-07-2008, 10:28 AM

Dan Heaney
10-07-2008, 11:03 AM
I use EAS and I have no problems with it. I doubt the difference in the "quality" of the whey is going to justify the difference in price.

Jordan Glasser
10-07-2008, 12:35 PM
make your own mix and place an order on www.trueprotein.com

trueprotein has the highest protein quality on the market, you can choose your sweetener etc.

best i tasted too.

Golden. can't wait to mix my own!

Joe Hart
10-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Jean-Patrick,

I wish it wasn't your first post. Just doesn't seem right.

Derek Weaver
10-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Joe,
If it makes you feel any better, trueprotein.com is the only protein source Lyle McDonald stands by.

Craig Brown
10-07-2008, 08:17 PM
I personally think the EAS bagged stuff is foul. I gave my bag away on freecycle. I found trueprotein via Lyle and tried, and I liked it. They have stopped offering the BSL flavor which I liked, and the warning is that you MUST use the premium flavors or it's pretty nasty. Haven't tried it yet with the premium flavors. Stuff mixes great, better than I've found elsewhere.

Daniel Olmstead
10-07-2008, 09:09 PM
I just got my first order from True Protein, and am happy with it. I'm attempting to cut out artificial sweeteners from my life, so I got it 100% unflavored, and use it in making homemade protein bars. Works just fine.

Got mine about 75% different wheys and 25% casein.

I have about a quarter of a bag of EAS left, and will probably toss it. I saw better results with Muscle Milk Natural, which tastes MUCH better anyway...but mainly I'm just wary of Sucralose and other sweeteners.

Allen Yeh
10-08-2008, 04:05 AM
I don't personally like the old EAS stuff but I haven't gotten EAS products in at least 4+ years.

I personally use www.allthewhey.com (http://www.alltheywhey.com) for most of my protein stuff which is typically just the whey blend or the whey isolate.

I've heard good things about Trueprotein as well and I have been considering them for my next purchase.

Allen Yeh
10-08-2008, 04:06 AM
On another note: What companies are generally reputable for supplements? I have been using NOW and they seem okay. Any others of note good or bad?

THanks,

Joe

NOW foods is good, Jarrow is supposed to be decent as well. I think if you can find it on iherb.com you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

Dan Heaney
10-09-2008, 03:36 AM
Joe,
If it makes you feel any better, trueprotein.com is the only protein source Lyle McDonald stands by.

Yea but he also says the in the grand scheme of thing the little differences in quality isn't going to make a significant difference

go to trueprotein.com, they have amino acid profiles on most of their proucts

the difference between whey concentrate and the others is insignificant, if it exists at all

in any case, any small (and hence usually irrelevant) differences in quality can be more than be made up by eating a bit more of the cheap stuff.

that is, just eat 5% more of the cheap stuff rather than paying twice as much per pound for something with a theoretically 5% better quality IMO

Jean-Patrick Millette
10-17-2008, 08:48 AM

Jean-Patrick Millette
10-17-2008, 08:49 AM

Joe Hart
10-17-2008, 12:58 PM
I wasn't bagging on you about a first post. There have been people that posted one time just to get a product out there. If that was not your intention. I apologize. Welcome aboard.

Sam Brothers
10-31-2008, 11:31 AM
I like only "whey protein isolate"

whey protein concentrate usually means "we made this as cheaply as possible"

now foods has a non flavored whey protein isolate that is pretty inexpensive. it's probably bought from a good source. i like it.

my favorite is "jay robbs" protein isolate. it is plain or sweetened with stevia.
http://www.jayrobb.com/products.asp

also, it's expensive BUT!....

...The cows are not treated with any nasty hormones or junk. The cows are grass fed & treated humanely which is important to me. It's the only mainstream whey protein to do so! goat protein is really good but expensive too.

Other good whey protein requires buying online.

avoid anything with phrases like "Lighting Bolt 9000 Muscle Mania" ....