PDA

View Full Version : The Best Paleo PWO Snack/ Meal

thomas beasley
12-29-2006, 11:45 AM
I recently re-discovered the best pwo snack, and possibly a meal if you ate a lot of it. But it is Canadian bacon and chocolate brownies. A few years ago I was introduced to the combination when climbing with some friends in Utah.

Having cut out grains, sugars, and processed foods I have not had a brownie in a few years. However I found an organic chocolate brownie made from almond flour the other day at a local health food store. Then after my workout that afternoon I was able to indulge in the most satisfying pwo meal I have had in a few months.

Now for the real reason for the post.

Does anyone have a good paleo chocolate brownie recipe, so I can make my own in large quantities?

And if you have never tried the combination of bacon and brownies you do not know what you're missing.

Steve Liberati
12-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Someday I'll give the bacon and brownie combo a try, but until then I'll snack on the high-fat homemade chocolate balls courtesy of the PM Journal. They're delicious in my opinion. I'd think the batter would be suitable for brownies as well.

Mike ODonnell
12-30-2006, 09:15 AM
until then I'll snack on the high-fat homemade chocolate balls.

Chef.....is that you??

Chris Goodrich
12-30-2006, 09:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7tCGWVf5Pw

Steve Liberati
12-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Chef.....is that you??

Far from it. More like an ovulating, 8-month pregnant woman with a sweet tooth for chocolate. These darn chocolate balls are like bom boms. I can't stop eating em.

Pierre Auge
12-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Geez, thats awesome....

Brad Hirakawa
01-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Almond flour? Now we're talking. Where can you buy it? Can you use it wherever you would commonly use wheat flour.. bread, pancakes, fried chicken dip, etc. etc?

Brad

Yael Grauer
01-10-2007, 10:45 AM
You can buy almond flour online or at TJ's. You have to bake for a little longer with a lower temp. I can send you recipes!

It ain't cheap! http://lucyskitchenshop.com/flour.html

Mike ODonnell
01-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Not ideal...but a good quick fix

2 slices TJ sprouted Whole Grain Bread, TJs Almond Butter and wash it down with 1 scoop Whey and water (or coconut milk)....Mmmmmm.....

Brad Hirakawa
01-11-2007, 01:49 AM
Sprouted bread.... lightly toasted it will (in one step) strip rust and 60 year old cosmoline from old rifles.

Robb Wolf
01-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Sprouted bread.... lightly toasted it will (in one step) strip rust and 60 year old cosmoline from old rifles.

One word sums it up:
WOW.