PDA

View Full Version : Mark Felix deadlifting with 1 hand - 429#'s

Allen Yeh
10-16-2008, 11:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u10_Hs34K4E

Holy crap!

Derek Simonds
10-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Yeah. Holy freaking cow! I am wanting to hit that with both hands.

Daniel Labuz
10-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Is there any technique differing from the 1 handed DL to the 2 handed DL? I got a strained pulley injury in my right hand and doing heavy deadlifts and olympic lifts makes the injury worse. (Just think not being able to grip and hold anything without pain)

Kris Reeves
10-17-2008, 04:48 AM
That dude is a beast!

George Mounce
10-17-2008, 06:30 AM
Holy crap, he deadlifts almost as much as I do with 1 hand, I feel wimpy. :p

Arden Cogar Jr.
10-17-2008, 12:34 PM
I met Felix when he was in Charleston for the WSM. He unfortunately tore a bicep during the Atlas Stones, so he was out of action for the finals. However, I found him to be the most impressive physical specimen of all the strongman competitors at that event.

Mark is not a young man. He's in his early to mid 40s. He's unreal thick. But the thing that impressed me the most was the sheer length of his fingers. I'm not kidding. His index finger had to be nearly 7" long.

I have large hands, and his hand and fingers completely wrapped mine and could have doubled. Phil Pfister has enormous hands, but his palms are bigger than Mark's. Felix's fingers don't look human. They're like Bananas hanging from his palms. Unreal.

There's some great youtube videos of him lifting at the Addington Weightlifting Club. He pulled 908 about two weeks before the WSM - no straps, just a belt.

There's some impressive human beings among us.