PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Nick Borek
10-24-2008, 07:56 AM
Hey, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a beginner lookin' to get big and strong, drinking my milk and doing my squats.

I used to do crossfit until I rightly decided I just wasn't strong enough...I have a feeling there are more than a few people out there like that.

I've also done martial arts and personal protection training for a number of years, and its something I'm as interested in talking to people about, especially if they have different backgrounds and experiences. I also drink a lot of craft beer. Sorry this isn't more thrilling to read, its early in the morning. - Nick

Arden Cogar Jr.
10-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Nick,
Welcome aboard.

I came from crossfit as well. I've now morphed into an axe weilding olympic lifter wannabe.

Don't forget your deadlifts and your overheads. Squatting's great, but throw in some pullin' and some pressin' and you'll get strong for sure.

All the best,
Arden

Mike ODonnell
10-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Beer is Paleo and Zone approved on these boards. Welcome.

Arden Cogar Jr.
10-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Beer is Paleo and Zone approved on these boards. Welcome.

I wish I knew that before now!!!!!:eek:

What about Pizza?

Allen Yeh
10-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the board. Be careful you may not want to go back to just 3/1 CF WOD's ever again!

Nick Borek
10-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Oh I do all the pressin', too. I'm a Rippetoe guy, I guess (I really hate saying I follow any one particular person, which is why I'm not on the CF board much...)

And Beer makes you strong, at least makes you think you are. Allen, I live in Alexandria, where you at in VA?

Derek Weaver
10-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Welcome to be board nick. Beer gives you super human strength.

Mike, I thought only Guiness was Paleo/Zone on these boards.

Kevin Perry
10-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Welcome to the boards..... im waiting for Gant to pop in and say that Breyers is paleo and zone friendly also.

Darryl Shaw
10-25-2008, 05:52 AM
I wish I knew that before now!!!!!:eek:

What about Pizza?

You could make a cheese free pizza with little more than a fire hardened stick and some rocks if you really wanted to which makes it a paleo food as far as I'm concerned. :D

Nick Borek
10-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Life without pizza, beer, burgers, and the occasional bowl of ice cream is a life not worth living. At least living for very long.

Allen Yeh
10-25-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm over in Burke, my job's office is over in Alexandria. Where do you train out of?

Mike ODonnell
10-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Welcome to be board nick. Beer gives you super human strength.

Mike, I thought only Guiness was Paleo/Zone on these boards.

Guinness is the most approved...but there are many smaller crafted delicious varieties out there that make the grade as well......as long as it doesn't start with Bud, Coors or Miller.

Pizza is also Paleo...and Zone friendly....especially thin crust loaded with meat. Mmmmmm.

Nick Borek
10-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Right now I'm working out at Jungle's gym (kind of a lame gym, but not overcrowded, and they gave me a good rate), I live outside of old town (with my parents:( ).

Beers a hobby of mine, I work at a gourmet store that on a good week has 400 beers in stock. No coors for this beer nerd.

Chet Morjaria
10-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi Nick.

Another CF WOD to CA WOD convert here :)

Good luck and have fun.