PDA

View Full Version : Andorran's eat paleo

Greg Battaglia
10-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Andorra, the country with the longest life expectancy eats paleo! Directly from the article:
"At La Guingueta, a restaurant just outside the capital La Vella, head chef Fabrice Cesar describes the kind of food that goes down best.

"Most of the dishes I produce in my kitchen are based on a simple formula," he says.

"Lean meat and fresh fruit and vegetables, lots of olive oil - things that are good for the heart, classic Mediterranean fare. Customers are interested in healthy food and they can tell what is healthy." "

Check out the whole article here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7649339.stm

Mike ODonnell
10-27-2008, 08:11 PM
interesing article....also like:

And he puts a general feeling of well-being and security partly down to seven centuries of war-free history.

"I think that gives a lot of peace of mind to people. I think there is a psychological factor here, a feeling of safeness that people start to absorb from the moment they are born."

Whatever the definitive Andorran recipe for longevity, abstinence from tobacco and alcohol does not seem to feature in it.

Cigarettes are apparently smoked everywhere. They are available duty free for around two euros (1.55; $2.75) a packet in every second shop.

And Andorra's favourite drink, red wine, is appreciated even in the hospital canteen.