PDA

View Full Version : Olive Oil Mayo

Pierre Auge
01-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Scotty,
I noticed you've been using Canola Mayo in some of your dishes in the PMenu, I'm just wondering if you've used the Olive Oil Mayo by Hellman's?

I find it has a great consistency and frankly taste better than the other mayos I've tried...

Craig Cooper
01-02-2007, 04:11 PM
A good Olive Oil Mayo? Can it really be? I've been looking forever, never heard of Hellman's. I posted a thread a while ago inquiring for a good Olive Oil Mayo with no such luck. Where do you get Hellman's Olive Oil Mayo? I searched their website and there's no mention of that product.

Sam Lepore
01-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Maybe it is a Canadian item ony??

Pierre-- Send us some of that!! :)

Pierre Auge
01-02-2007, 05:41 PM
I hadn't considered that it may only be available in canada but its possible.
Check out the attached pic. As per the label its a good source of Omega 3's EH EHHHH.. 1g/tbsp, hey and its got a 1:2 O3-O6 ratio that ain't bad either. 0 carb content and no transfats only 5mg of cholestorol!

Hey I'm smokin....

Sam Lepore
01-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah must be a canadian thing. Not here in the States.

Any website where we can buy this?

Pierre Auge
01-02-2007, 06:21 PM
http://www.hellmanns.ca/

doesn't look like you can order from the website but you can contact them to find more info. Otherwise no cigar.

Craig Cooper
01-02-2007, 08:05 PM
well, I checked the label on the Canadian site, and there's Canola as well as Olive Oil in it, so it's a no go for me, I don't do Canola, or should I say Rapeseed, Oil.

Pierre Auge
01-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Craig why not?

Scotty Hagnas
01-03-2007, 01:34 PM
I don't really like to use canola oil, either. I want to make an olive oil mayo that will be acceptable, but I haven't been successful yet, nor have I had the time lately. I had some canola mayo left over, and I used that. Hopefully, I will have olive oil mayo perfected soon.

I did see olive oil mayo at my local Wild Oats market, but on inspection it was at least half soybean oil, I think. No thanks.

I have done the curried chicken salad with plain olive oil, but you really need to add a lot, or it will end up pretty dry.

Scotty Hagnas
CrossFit Portland

Pierre Auge
01-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Scotty,
thanks for that, its what I was looking for. Someday when I can settle in to a place I willl start experimenting with this.

Joyce Behrendt
01-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Hellmann's is known as Best Foods west of the Mississipi. I don't know why! But it doesn't seem to be available yet with the olive oil. I've been diluting mayo about half and half with some olive oil and maybe extra lemon juice or vinegar when I use it.

I think you'd have to be careful about it going rancid anyway.