PDA

View Full Version : What are good vegetables for breakfast?

Cassi_Nesmith
11-04-2008, 07:48 AM
I've committed to eating 1/2 cup of vegetables for breakfast and I'm kind of at a loss what to eat. Sometimes I have Garden Patch tomato juice from Trader Joes and I've eaten some vegetarian omelets with spinach, but I am honestly at a loss.

Do any of you have vegetable recommendations for breakfast?

Dan Heaney
11-04-2008, 10:47 AM
I eat a bag of broccoli, caliufloer and carrot mix every day at breakfast

Garrett Smith
11-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Well, it all depends on whether or not time is a factor. Do you want raw or cooked veggies?

If you are the kind who likes making shakes in the morning, a scoop of "green drink powder" can be just the ticket.

Jay Cohen
11-04-2008, 01:39 PM
1/2 cup, you got to be kidding.

I buy the 16oz bags of frozen broccoli, not hard to eat the whole bag, along with a few eggs, some meat.

Fenthis Glusos
11-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Just buy some fresh cheap greens (kale, mustard greens, etc.) and chow on them with a banana or some other fruit -- honest, it tastes pretty good in this combination based on experience (have tried this eating kale in combination with peaches, oranges, apples, plums - so all of these are also good candidates if you don't like bananas). No blender needed, the mouth is the blender. Chew until it hurts, then chew again. Kale should be tedious to chew. Kale and mustards are like 79-99 cents a pound, eat up on those.

1/2 cup is seriously a joke though, right? If you're serious about that then just eat like a leaf of romaine and call it a day.

Steve Ericson
11-04-2008, 08:46 PM
1/2 cup is seriously a joke though, right? If you're serious about that then just eat like a leaf of romaine and call it a day.

:) I throw in mushrooms, broc, onions, tomatoes and peppers (sorry about the night shades Dr G) in my eggs in the morning. I don't Pre cook them so some of the veggies are still quite raw but I like it like that.