PDA

View Full Version : Zone: Is it necessary?

Jordan Oreck
11-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Please delete

Emily Mattes
11-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Some people are happier keeping track of protein, carb, and fat ratios. Some people like less carbs than what is provided by the Zone (like 10-20% carbs), some people like a little more. Some people hate keeping track of macronutrients and do quite well just sticking with Paleo and keeping their diets clean. Others need to track calories, but find getting an exact macronutrient ratio isn't necessary.

So no, the Zone is not necessary at all. The Zone is not a perfect, magical number that represents the pinnacle of the human diet. It's a tool Dr. Sears came up with to stop people from eating so many damn refined carbohydrates, and it works quite well for that. Especially if you are trying to gain mass, I would throw the Zone out the window and just eat your heart out, the Zone does not provide enough calories and protein for any kind of decent mass-gaining program. For what it's worth, other smarter and wiser people on these boards have said pretty much the same thing.

Júlíus G. Magnússon
11-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Don't worry about it, man.

After reading Enter the Zone and doing the zone for a few months it's my opinion that this magical überperformanceboostingandfatlosing ratio between protein and carbs that Dr. Sears advocates for insulin/insulin-glucagon balance is just a load of crap made up to sell some books.

Garrett Smith
11-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Don't worry about it, man.

After reading Enter the Zone and doing the zone for a few months it's my opinion that this magical überperformanceboostingandfatlosing ratio between protein and carbs that Dr. Sears advocates for insulin/insulin-glucagon balance is just a load of crap made up to sell some books.

What, you mean it may not be a coincidence that everything came out to be round numbers that roll off the tongue??? Forty, thirty, thirty...repeat... :eek:

Like most diets, it gets people to actually take a hard look at the garbage they are typically shoving in their mouths in large quantities. OMG, that works?!? :p

überperformanceboostingandfatlosing
Nice. I hope to see that pop up again somewhere. :cool:

Mike ODonnell
11-13-2008, 04:22 PM
It's all about insulin control and carb refeeds pwo....that works for anyone. Building muscle is about the calories, eat up my friend....eat up.

Gant Grimes
11-14-2008, 07:22 AM
I was going to delete this thread when I saw Mass Gain and Zone together.

Jordan, you have received some good advice. If you're serious about gaining, you need at least 23 (preferably more) protein blocks. If you take 28P, you're getting 1.25g/lb BW. That's a good start.

Allen Yeh
11-17-2008, 07:19 AM
Nice weight gain, how do you feel overall?

George Mounce
11-17-2008, 07:21 AM
Buffalo burgers rock. Eat up!