PDA

View Full Version : UK get seriouse about obesety

Liam Dougherty Springer
11-13-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't really know what to make of this except that the epedemic seems to atleast be getting seriouse national cansideration......

http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/1114/p04s01-wogn.html

what do you all think?

Edit: ooohh I ment that to say ....GETS seriouse about obesity.....

Steven Low
11-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi-freaking-larious.

Although coupons might be nice for moving around and buying my veggies.

Liam Dougherty Springer
11-14-2008, 03:46 AM
Although coupons might be nice for moving around and buying my veggies.

Yeah That would be nice I'd have a crap load.

Scott Kustes
11-14-2008, 06:13 AM
But coupons are rarely for fruits and vegetables. They are typically for crap food.

Darryl Shaw
11-14-2008, 06:55 AM
I live in one of the poorest parts of Manchester where the average life expectancy is around twenty years below the national average and knowing the area and the type of people who live here this scheme simply won't work. I'm sure it'll look great when it starts and will provide plenty of photo opportunities for local (Labour) politicians but the people who live here simply aren't interested in health or fitness. We already have facilities such as parks, council run pools and gyms and there are major supermarkets within easy walking distance (that's how I do my shopping as I don't own a car) but the locals just aren't interested in doing anything more demanding than watching tv or going to the pub.

George Noble
11-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Can the little tags tell how much I squat?

Patrick Donnelly
11-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Does anyone here watch The Office on NBC? This reminds me of a recent episode... The difference is that the show is a comedy... and this is real life...

Kris Reeves
11-25-2008, 10:28 AM
This article brings to light something that I find completely mind boggling: People's general willingness to invite a government into all aspect of their lives.

(i'm a raging libertarian (http://www.lp.org/issues) by the way)