PDA

View Full Version : No water during workouts?

Tony Ferous
11-19-2008, 02:22 AM
Any opinions on this? Mainstream folk recommend it of course, a few folk avoid, i think because it may increase GH levels? Devany recommended it in an old post but i cound find it...

Darryl Shaw
11-19-2008, 06:02 AM
Whether or not you need to drink during workouts depends on a number of factors such as hydration levels at the start of your workout, type of workout, duration, intensity etc but as a general rule you should always drink when you feel thirsty.

Gant Grimes
11-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Whether or not you need to drink during workouts depends on a number of factors such as hydration levels at the start of your workout, type of workout, duration, intensity etc but as a general rule you should always drink when you feel thirsty.

And on hot days, drink before you're thirsty.

Garrett Smith
11-19-2008, 07:43 AM
I don't drink during workouts of less than an hour, if I'm doing multiple sessions (like AcroYoga followed by gymnastics), then I drink in between.

If anything, I believe there is at least some mental benefit to not thinking that one has to always have a water bottle nearby to take a sip every 5 minutes. I find I don't even think about drinking during workouts anymore.

Mike ODonnell
11-19-2008, 08:14 AM
I try to drink up before an event....and then just go by how I feel. For example...mountain biking (I only go for like 30-40min) in the colder months, I don't even bring a camelback for water.....in the summer months in Atlanta, I suck the thing dry.

Steven Low
11-19-2008, 08:33 AM
If you're not hydrated before an intense workout you better be drinking. One of the factors that contributes to rhabdo.

Otherwise, I just try to drink when I'm thirsty... shrug. I don't really see a big difference either way.