PDA

View Full Version : Organic Butter?

Tony Ferous
11-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Urgh. i bought some butter last week to boost my calories without using my usual olive oil for a change, but i then thought its probably loaded with chemicals, pesticdes etc that have been stored in the fat eh??? The organic stuff was more that double the price, will stick to olive, coconut, palm i think....

This backs up my suspicions:

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=yuaSJvZr3ikC&pg=PA439&lpg=PA439&dq=butter+pesticides&source=web&ots=qfYuWHDWiT&sig=gpoWjI7lDcB-yoa2KMCZbjsunNQ&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PPA440,M1

Allen Yeh
12-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Link wouldn't work for me, it said I have reached my viewing limit....even though I've never seen it before.

I typically buy organic butter but it's not that much more than regular butter for me. I'd be curious what the article/book says?

Tony Ferous
12-01-2008, 11:17 PM
The book is 'staying healthy with nutrition' by Elson Haas...the section lists the most important foods to but organic - baby foods, bananas, strawberries, milk and butter/milk due to 'heribcide attrazine, and boving growth hormorne and antibiotics', green beans, raspberries, rice, apples and corn are also in the top list.
Oh actually the list is 20 odd..including green leafy veg unfort, one of the most nutritious foods i think, i eat alot of it, organic isnt readily available in my case...

Sorry i couldnt cut and paste...

Allen Yeh
12-02-2008, 05:11 AM
Thanks.