Kris Reeves
12-18-2008, 10:02 AM
that....is awesome.

Derek Simonds
12-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Meat loaf and mashed potatoes!

Joe Hart
12-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Sneek it into a Vegan party. looks good though.

Derek Maffett
12-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Heheh. Awesome.

Jay Cohen
12-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Gant;

Another great recipe, just like the bacon bowl. How was your evening with Jamie, feel bad that I missed you.

BTW, just got a 30 day time out from Lynn Pitts. A thread was going to hell, I asked where the MOD's where? Bingo, nasty gram from Lynn telling me how bad I am,

WTF, I think I'm done with those boards.

Take care bud.
Jay

George Mounce
12-18-2008, 06:59 PM
That cake is pure awesome.

Steven Low
12-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Gant;

Another great recipe, just like the bacon bowl. How was your evening with Jamie, feel bad that I missed you.

BTW, just got a 30 day time out from Lynn Pitts. A thread was going to hell, I asked where the MOD's where? Bingo, nasty gram from Lynn telling me how bad I am,

Take care bud.
Jay
lol. Most of the experienced people are getting temp banned. Funny.

Meat cake looks interesting. :)

Daniel Labuz
12-18-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't particularly like white potatoes, now if it were sweet potato that would be quite the flavor explosion, although I'm not sure how that would taste with ketchup and worcestershire sauce

George Mounce
12-18-2008, 07:12 PM
I don't particularly like white potatoes, now if it were sweet potato that would be quite the flavor explosion, although I'm not sure how that would taste with ketchup and worschester sauce

Sweet potato tastes great with organic ketchup, in fact I made sweet potato steak fries tonight!

Blair Lowe
12-18-2008, 08:32 PM
That is awesome. I'm pretty sure I could gross out many people with one of those...heheh. C'mon meat and potatoes.

Allen Yeh
12-19-2008, 03:27 AM
Gant;

Take care bud.
Jay

That's a shame.

Garrett Smith
12-19-2008, 04:52 AM
Jay,
That party was over a long time ago.

Jay Cohen
12-19-2008, 05:20 AM
Jay,
That party was over a long time ago.

Well said Garrett. Time to break ties.

Scott Kustes
12-19-2008, 06:14 AM
For the sake of Greg and Robb, let's not go there guys. ;-)

Meat cake looks awesome. Cover it in sweet potatoes mashed up with coconut cream and damn!

Grissim Connery
12-20-2008, 01:52 PM
i actually wasn't feeling the cake until you guys suggested sweet potatoes. i'm actually getting hungry thinking of that now.

maybe i'll bake that for my birthday in 2 months.

i was trying to think of some kind of high fat covering instead w/o nuts. a nice avocado/guacamole spread might be able to do the job.

Scott Kustes
12-21-2008, 10:00 AM
You'd have to eat it quickly with an avocado spread though. That stuff will turn brown very quickly with that much surface area....as in make it and eat it within a few hours.

George Mounce
12-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Add lemon juice to the avocado and you'll avoid the brown for a few hours.

Scott Clark
12-21-2008, 03:52 PM
LOL that's fucking amazing Gant. I just laughed for 5 minutes straight and then went to kitchen to see what I needed to replicate this. (just pie pans).

A+

EDIT: Hey Jay I noticed you were "Suspended" and went back in past posts to try to figure out why.... couldn't find anything. That sounds typical though, things are crazier than a box of frogs over there. I was about to unveil a WWJD? (Jay) do sig, but I'm sure I would be banned lol.

Jay Cohen
12-21-2008, 05:55 PM
LOL that's fucking amazing Gant. I just laughed for 5 minutes straight and then went to kitchen to see what I needed to replicate this. (just pie pans).

A+

EDIT: Hey Jay I noticed you were "Suspended" and went back in past posts to try to figure out why.... couldn't find anything. That sounds typical though, things are crazier than a box of frogs over there. I was about to unveil a WWJD? (Jay) do sig, but I'm sure I would be banned lol.

Scot, I starting LOL the moment I say the pic's of the meat cake. I was at the office, called a few guys over to show them, they couldn't understand how someone could eat something like that. I just shook my head, told them to get the fu-k away from me.

Love your idea of the WWJD sig, but you're right about box of frogs comments.
Enough said, though if you do refer to me in passing, It'd make me smile.

Chow On, and I'm making the meat cake for the Holidays, but since no one invites me anywhere, I'll share with my two great dogs and one pain in the ass cat.

George Mounce
12-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Jay you always have an open invite to my place you know that!

Jay Cohen
12-22-2008, 01:37 AM
Jay you always have an open invite to my place you know that!

Thanks George, appreciate that.
Have a great Holiday.
Jay

Daniel Labuz
12-22-2008, 08:32 AM
I was at the office, called a few guys over to show them, they couldn't understand how someone could eat something like that. I just shook my head, told them to get the fu-k away from me.

Priceless

Gant Grimes
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Gant;

Take care bud.
Jay

The evening was good. My flight was late. I showed up at the bar and Jamie he "taken the liberty" of ordering the Carnivore Platter for an appetizer. That confirmed my suspicions that he was a good dude. We ate some meat (waitresses have a different concept of "bring me whatever dish has the most beef" than I do, but we ate well). Had a nice Guinnessy-type micro to wash it down. All was good.

I followed him into town and got a bit of pressing done in a cool gym. MA ring, strongman implements, and OLY platforms. And a leaky roof to boot. He had to leave early--I think he was working on some strange--but it was a good evening. I'll probably have to be there again, so I'll give you plenty of lead time.

I was at the office, called a few guys over to show them, they couldn't understand how someone could eat something like that. I just shook my head, told them to get the fu-k away from me.

As you should, my friend. As you should.

Justin Algera
12-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Scot, I starting LOL the moment I say the pic's of the meat cake. I was at the office, called a few guys over to show them, they couldn't understand how someone could eat something like that. I just shook my head, told them to get the fu-k away from me

this is pretty much how every intereaction goes with people at my work regarding food and fitness...

And Ive seen that cake before and its a thing of beauty everytime.

Garrett Smith
12-23-2008, 08:31 PM
This thread is reminding me that I haven't been to a Brazilian steakhouse in a while...AYCE grilled meat is awesome.

Jay Cohen
12-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Check out with Kurt posted over on the CF boards. I think the filling is beef, not sure, but anything wrapped with that much bacon is going to be dang good.

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40694

w/f/s

Allen Yeh
12-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Check out with Kurt posted over on the CF boards. I think the filling is beef, not sure, but anything wrapped with that much bacon is going to be dang good.

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40694

w/f/s

Wow that looks awesome.