PDA

View Full Version : Robb, have you read Art's book?

Neal Winkler
01-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Robb, I was just wondering if Art has sent you any advanced copies if his book.

Steve Liberati
01-08-2007, 12:15 PM
That would be amazing if its finally complete. I was under the impression the boring movie stuff was taking up most of his time.

Steve Shafley
01-08-2007, 12:30 PM
I suspect Art will never finish the book.

Scott Kustes
01-08-2007, 01:46 PM
I suspect Art will never finish the book.
I concur.

Robb Wolf
01-08-2007, 06:30 PM
I reviewed and edited the first chapter...which was the same material that was available on the net in I think '96!! Not to be pessimistic but I'll be stunned if that thing gets written. Dan John has said many times, copy EVERYTHING you like from Art's site...you never know when he may decide to pull it down and I doubt if we will be able to get him online again.

Mike ODonnell
01-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Dan John has said many times, copy EVERYTHING you like from Art's site...you never know when he may decide to pull it down and I doubt if we will be able to get him online again.

Just curious as to why that is? Something that may happen soon?

Steve Shafley
01-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Art doesn't like to be second guessed, and he's a bit unfond of the times when folks have pointed out to him he's gotten something wrong.

Steve Liberati
01-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Actually how much more material could Art write in his book that he didn't cover in his blog? He must have well over 100 pages of text logged on his site. He could easily make a book out of his blog alone. I know I'd distribute several copies. I'm sure many of his regular blog readers would love to share some of his ideas with their non-blog-reading colleagues.

At any rate, I'm taking Dan John's advice about copying and pasting everything to a word document. Its just to damn valuable to disappear overnight.