PDA

View Full Version : Single best exercise

Mike ODonnell
01-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Taken from Poliquin on T-nation.......agree? disagree? If disagree...what would you say is?

The Single Best Exercise?

Q: Looking around most gyms, what's the most beneficial but neglected exercise you can think of?

A: The snatch-grip deadlift, specifically a snatch deadlift on a four inch platform. The idea here is to get a large range of motion by standing on the platform and using the wide grip.

If you told me you were going to jail and only had a barbell and didn't want to get raped in the showers and could only do one exercise to put mass and strength on, then I'd tell you to do the snatch deadlift on a platform.

This exercise alone makes people gain weight like crazy. Any time I have someone who needs to gain weight fast and doesn't have a whole lot of time, I have them do snatch deadlifts. And with the snatch grip deadlift, straps are okay because you'll be doing reps above three, but don't use them until you get to your working weight.

If you think about it, this is the opposite of the sumo deadlift, which shortens the range of motion. Likewise, some powerlifters will lift in ballet shoes to shorten the ROM. What we want to do here is lengthen it. The snatch grip and platform will take care of that.

Steve Shafley
01-09-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm afraid that I couldn't concur.

It's a good exercise, though, no doubt.

Mike ODonnell
01-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Steve, what would your vote be? The Oly snatch?

Steve Liberati
01-09-2007, 01:01 PM
I believe the CrossFit Journal refers to the Snatch as the "King of All Exercises." So I'm sure the snatch deadlift is definately one of the top.

In my opinion the squat is single-handily the best exercise, period. With our legs making up the bulk of our bodyweight, heavy squats tax our nervous system like no other. I think testosterone just oozes from my pores after a few heavy sets of squats. If I had to pick one, squats would definately be it.

Mike ODonnell
01-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Steve L,

I do agree the full Oly snatch is the king as you get the deadlift, explosion upwards, squat under, overhead hold....so much.

I did find the snatch elevated DL interesting as it requires you to go just as deep as a squat, while also requiring the back and upper body to move the load. Seeing how I DL more than I can snatch, I think my body would get more response from the DL (that is until I can learn to snatch better...a goal in 2007)

Dave Van Skike
01-09-2007, 01:23 PM
For me, the critical parameter is FUN. Ergo....Snatch.
Any kind, dumbell, barbell, kettebell. Any receiving position, squat, power or split. I loves the snatch.

Plus, once the weigth is up there, you are going to get some form of squat along with it. DJ treatise on overhead squating is the definitive work on that subject.

Steve Shafley
01-09-2007, 01:43 PM
For me, the squat gets the love.

And not the front squat either. The plain old back squat done with the bar in a comfortable position, and the feet in a comfortable stance.

Why?

Damn near twenty years ago, a skinny college freshman, who didn't have anything else to do but run 5ks, jump rope, and hit the heavy bag, started lifting weights. His girlfriend laughed at his results, saying "You're getting bigger arms and a bigger chest, but you have chicken legs!"

The next day he started squatting. 2 weeks later he had visual results.

He dumped that negative bitch, and went on to great things. Like join a local fraternity, and play rugby. And hang out with "Chico" type girls, though never hardcore enough to need Cipro, like the PMenu's founder.

Dave Van Skike
01-09-2007, 02:13 PM
For me, the squat gets the love.

And not the front squat either. The plain old back squat done with the bar in a comfortable position, and the feet in a comfortable stance.

Why?

Damn near twenty years ago, a skinny college freshman, who didn't have anything else to do but run 5ks, jump rope, and hit the heavy bag, started lifting weights. His girlfriend laughed at his results, saying "You're getting bigger arms and a bigger chest, but you have chicken legs!"

The next day he started squatting. 2 weeks later he had visual results.

He dumped that negative bitch, and went on to great things. Like join a local fraternity, and play rugby. And hang out with "Chico" type girls, though never hardcore enough to need Cipro, like the PMenu's founder.

Nicely put. Can I change my answer?

Steve Shafley
01-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Remember...don't go so far as needing Cipro.

Cassidy Drake
01-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Power clean and press would be mine. Not sure why, as there are many good options out there. Put to be able to get a pull, catch, and press in one exercise takes the cake for me, if I had to only choose one exercise that is.;)

Mike ODonnell
01-09-2007, 05:24 PM

I really need to visit Chico.......

Aimee Anaya Everett
01-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Steve. i'd have to agree about the squats. I couldn't live without back squats. I have recently discovered the jumping squat, which is rapidly becoming a new fav as well. a good way to feel a lot of weight.
the snatch deadlifts... i do those a lot, and they are good stuff.

Scott Kustes
01-10-2007, 06:44 AM
I think testosterone just oozes from my pores after a few heavy sets of squats. If I had to pick one, squats would definately be it.
You could bottle it and sell it. "We now have Liberati Juice! Only $19.99 for a two-day supply!"

My favorite is the Clean and Jerk. The Snatch may be more athletic, but the fun factor of the C&J, along with the fact that I haven't been coached on the Snatch and last time I did it my shoulder started to come back out of socket, push me to the clean.

Brad Hirakawa
01-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Gimme squats.. heavy, medium, light, air... anything. :)

Greg Everett
01-10-2007, 09:59 AM
tough call, but i might have to go with the DL--maybe even chuck's snatch grip DL. Covers a whole lot of bases. with that ROM, you're getting nearly a squat anyway (i think that's chucks point), but with the added bonus of loading more of the upper body. besides, chicks dick traps that insert in the ears.

although, if we can count the clean and jerk as one exercise, i'd have to pick that one.

Mike ODonnell
01-10-2007, 11:14 AM
besides, chicks dick traps that insert in the ears.

and now we hit paydirt!

I did the snatch grip DL on a step today....damn that *#^$ is low....and wiped me out...

Greg Everett
01-10-2007, 11:19 AM
I did the snatch grip DL on a step today....damn that *#^$ is low....and wiped me out...

Yeah, i just built a platform specifically for pulls/DLs and I now regret having done so very much. That extra 4-5 inches sucks a disproportionately great amount.

Mike ODonnell
01-10-2007, 11:28 AM
That extra 4-5 inches sucks a disproportionately great amount.

Very much so...I even played around with the "trap bar" DL on a step...so basically the bar was lower than my feet....my god that is a long way up....very humbling as to the weights I had to use.

Steve Shafley
01-10-2007, 11:33 AM
3" for regular deads is a significant amount for me. 3" on SGDLs would be like a mile.

Nicki Violetti
01-10-2007, 01:18 PM
besides, chicks dick traps that insert in the ears.

Wow Greg - A typo?

Steve Shafley
01-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Mister Everett apparently has requirements for his ladies that many of us don't have.

Greg Everett
01-10-2007, 01:22 PM
hey, i'll try anything once. what is man but the sum of his experiences? don't judge me just because you're a bunch of prudes.

Yael Grauer
01-10-2007, 01:59 PM
My favorite is the Clean and Jerk. The Snatch may be more athletic, but the fun factor of the C&J, along with the fact that I haven't been coached on the Snatch and last time I did it my shoulder started to come back out of socket, push me to the clean.

I second that, even though my shoulder hasn't come out of it's socket yet. C+J is my favorite because it's fun and turns the most heads at the gym. Muay Thai kicks are up there too (and knees), but I don't know if they count as an exercise. And medicine ball slams. I have to pick just one?

Aimee Anaya Everett
01-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Um...that would be lady.

And requirments aren't necessary when one already keenly obliges without said requirements.

But, I thought we were talking about favorite exercies. In the gym.

Ken Urakawa
01-10-2007, 02:14 PM
"Mr. Everett...Dr. Freud will see you now."

Robb Wolf
01-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Intuitively the SGDL's make sense...Ive never messed with them much...likely because they are hard as hell. Ido loves them...he is a devotee of the poliquin approach and a stud athlete. I might have to do a couple monthss of these.

BTW-
Open invite to Chico. Mike you bring some Canadian beer, Shaf you bring something high octane from the East. We will provide fire pit, bumpers, bars etc. Cipro is pricey these days...y'all are on your own there.

Just for the record: Nicki is from Red Bluff. Mainly rednecks there...better sanitation that ChicoGirlz however.

Also-Yael- I hear mike is "easy" if you start talking Stanley Cup stats.

Scott-What are you going to contribute to the wing ding?

Jeremy Jones
01-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Kegels

Mike ODonnell
01-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Also-Yael- I hear mike is "easy" if you start talking Stanley Cup stats.

Oh Rob...You make me blush...How you doing? ....Damnit....I am easy.....

Steve Shafley
01-10-2007, 06:34 PM
This forum is seething with unbridled lust.

Greg Everett
01-10-2007, 08:52 PM
wow... out of camp entirely. did anyone else notice that everyone got invited to chico except aimee and me?

Aimee Anaya Everett
01-10-2007, 08:55 PM
ya. seriously. we like beer and bumpers and fire pits. and we can both bring some serious AKP to the table.

Yael Grauer
01-10-2007, 09:28 PM
wow... out of camp entirely. did anyone else notice that everyone got invited to chico except aimee and me?

I think my invite was entirely dependent on my ability to talk hockey, which is pretty non-existent.

Allen Yeh
01-11-2007, 03:46 AM
Must be for all those "Senior Member" people...

Allen Yeh
01-11-2007, 03:53 AM
In regards to the snatch grip deadlift, I find this exercise to be a lot harder on my hands than the regular deadlift. I did this for a little bit last fall, and ended up at BW for 5 reps and that was hard to keep ahold of. I've never tried it on a platform though...hmm

So are we counting the clean and jerk as 1 exercise? If so...then that's my vote if not. I'll opt for the squat (PL or Oly style).

Mike ODonnell
01-11-2007, 04:50 AM
Robb, I don't know how much real Canadian beer I will be able to find here in Atlanta....but I'll look around....would Uncle Jesse's Outhouse Ale be good enough?

Scott Kustes
01-11-2007, 04:55 AM
Must be for all those "Senior Member" people...
That's right! New Members still have to take their beatings, Aimee. And Members are like the lonely middle child in a 3 child family...not the oldest (i.e., Senior) and not the youngest (i.e., New). You just get to sit quietly in the corner, ignored for awhile.

Robb, I'll bring the music. Yanni good for a Norcal workout? If that's not hip hop enough for you, I've got a killer MC Hammer tape that you'll like. "Too legit, too legit to quit."

Allen Yeh
01-11-2007, 05:27 AM
Robb, I'll bring the music. Yanni good for a Norcal workout? If that's not hip hop enough for you, I've got a killer MC Hammer tape that you'll like. "Too legit, too legit to quit."

And I'd like to thank Scott for getting that song stuck in my head now....argh...

*fights the urge to make the hand signs*

James Evans
01-11-2007, 05:50 AM
I get what you're saying about the SGDL being harder on the hands. And 48 hours on I'm not walking with much ease. Went to serve a writ today and I'm glad I didn't have to chase her.

I'm going to experiment with this for 2 months and see what it does for me.

Until then I'm going with:

1. Clean & Jerk

2. Moldavian Fanny Hammers

Mike ODonnell
01-11-2007, 05:57 AM
Moldavian Fanny Hammers

Unless that involves Twins....I have no idea what it is....

James Evans
01-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Mike,

That exercise has a totally different focus depending on whether you hold a British or US passport.

Steve Shafley
01-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Rum, buggery, and the lash.

Scotty Hagnas
01-11-2007, 11:46 AM
I like the SGDLs, but they suck. Haven't tried them off of a platform lately, though. That requires quite a bit of flexibility, and I couldn't get deep enough to do them safely a few years back.

I'll whip up some venison steaks if I came come to the party......

Scotty Hagnas
CrossFit Portland

Robb Wolf
01-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Aimee/Greg-
You guys are of course invited...Greg just left tire marks 1k long burning rubber out of here so I wasn't sure if he was up for a visit to our lil' corner of hell. Bring some bumpers though...we only have about 300kg of legit weight. That will not be enough to go around if Shaf shows up.

Allen- "members", be they senior or otherwise are of course invited. You do need to figure out a good buy-in.

Mike-Whatever the heck that beer is, it will work. I think we have a little "decent" beer here in chico as well:
http://www.sierranevada.com/

Can you say "Sample plate". All of their meat and sausage is raised, grassfed style at the Chico State University ag dept. Educated meat...like me. Oh! they also have homemade sauerkraut!

Scott-Are you talking 8track or cassette? I'm in either way but an 8track of The Hammer would be damn sexxy.

James-That...that fanny-hammer thingy....uhg, do you have any, um, you know PHOTOGRAPHS of that. I have a uh, friend who is into that.

Greg Everett
01-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Aimee/Greg-
You guys are of course invited...Greg just left tire marks 1k long burning rubber out of here so I wasn't sure if he was up for a visit to our lil' corner of hell.

Yes, i did exit rather rapidly... but living and visiting are quite different. Especially when beer and educated meat are involved!

Coach Rutherford
01-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Swing-n-munch

Greg Everett
01-13-2007, 03:47 PM
swing-n-munch! how could i have forgotten...

Pierre Auge
01-14-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm leaning towards the Snatch Balance it requires aspects of flexibility, strength speed and considerable explosiveness without much of the technical nuances of the Snatch or C&J. The snatch grip deadlift sounds like fun but I'm a sucker for all variations of the deadlift, its the only thing I'm really any good at.

As far as Canadian beer I think I can must some of that.
Options are as follows:
Kokanee, Alexander Keith's, Red Maple, Molson and Labatt's. Oh and two french Canadian beers I'm sure I would have to smuggle over the border as a result of the 12% and 14% alcohol contents respectively "La Maudite" and "Fin du Monde". Are 1 litre bottles ok?

Lastly if the little french dude who doesn't workout is welcome he's flying this time. Driving 6000 Miles once was bad enough. Twice was crappy and a third time would just be stupid!

Jeremy Jones
01-16-2007, 04:22 PM
You can't have the swing-n-munch lunch box without Carrie K. I thought she was going to be the model or something.

(nothing against your demonstrations Coach Rut).

Ron Nelson
01-17-2007, 09:58 AM
How the hell did I miss this thread? Booze, sex, double entendre; everything but gambling. I can bring that. You know, cigars, poker chips, cards, the Kama Sutra (just in case); everything one needs for a good game of poker using So. Cal rules.

Exercises? Yeah, I'm all about the squat because I suck at it sooo much. That and reverse flying Batman skull crushers. . .for reps.

Rick Deckart
01-17-2007, 10:18 AM
I will vote for the two hands anyhow.

Robb Wolf
01-18-2007, 07:46 AM
Swing-n-munch for sure. Jeremy, Good call on bringing Klumpie in on that for the modeling. She is another one of the people I'll likely never see again due to my exile...sigh.

Ron- You obviously have experience with these types of operations....perhaps you can be the Grand Pooh-Bah organizer...or at least check off necessary provisions.

Two Hand any-how. that's a solid one. good movement and sounds almost as dirty as "snatch". I'm loving it.

Scott Kustes
01-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Two Hand any-how. that's a solid one. good movement and sounds almost as dirty as "snatch". I'm loving it.
The party just keeps getting better!

Robb Wolf
01-19-2007, 07:05 AM
There's a party?! Oh well...Mike and Shaf have likely drained the keg and Greg and Aimee have eaten all the chow. Some party.

Aimee Anaya Everett
01-19-2007, 08:41 AM
There's a party?! Oh well...Mike and Shaf have likely drained the keg and Greg and Aimee have eaten all the chow. Some party.
it kinda seems as if Greg and I have gotten the fat kid reputation...

this thread has sparked our desire to make a trip up to Chico. For a serious party. It'll be hella cool.

Scott Kustes
01-19-2007, 10:25 AM
I agree that a Chico party would be hella cool. Maybe a PM Seminar ;) Which brings me to a burning question: Why in the hell does Chico have to be so damn out of the way? I can't fly in there with less than 2 layovers unless I want to drive 100 miles up the road.

Ron Nelson
01-19-2007, 05:35 PM
I came very close to sending my daughter to Chico for the nursing program. Then I remembered why I wanted to go there, and thought I better not send her. . .alone. I also met some Chico State guys in Vegas last year.

That was the end of sending the daughter to Chico.

I'll get some things together for the party, but I'm hiding my beer. When's a good time to drop it off?

What the heck is "two hands, anyhow?" For that matter, someone better explain that munch one as well.

Robb Wolf
01-21-2007, 04:39 PM
I agree that a Chico party would be hella cool. Maybe a PM Seminar ;) Which brings me to a burning question: Why in the hell does Chico have to be so damn out of the way? I can't fly in there with less than 2 layovers unless I want to drive 100 miles up the road.

Yes...getting out is even worse! A Pmenu seminar has been rattling around in my head for a while...have to think on that.

Aimee- Greg knows the way! Tell the big lug to take you on a road trip!

Ron- The chico state nursing program is really good....but that was likely a good decision on your part. I taught the organic chemistry lab for the nursing students my senior year. I convinced like 20 girls to switch to chemistry majors. Harder major and makes 1/2-1/3 that of a nurse. I bet those girls want to KILL me.

Nicki and I are getting hitched on Oct 13th. Greg and kelly Starrett will be the dual ministers marrying us. This thing is too big for one minister! All are invited. RSVP!

Mike ODonnell
01-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Nicki and I are getting hitched on Oct 13th. Greg and kelly Starrett will be the dual ministers marrying us. This thing is too big for one minister! All are invited. RSVP!

Open bar???? Woooohoooo

Ron Nelson
01-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Open bar???? Woooohoooo

I'm thinking Sierra Nevada Brewery for the reception, then rehab.

Robb,
We need a time and place. . .or is Chico so small that if we all just show up we'll see it from the off ramp? Assuming, of course, there's a freeway that goes somewhere near Chico.

Rick Deckart
01-22-2007, 03:09 AM
What the heck is "two hands, anyhow?" For that matter, someone better explain that munch one as well.

The famous two hands anyhow:

http://www.americanpowerliftevolution.net/2handsanyhowpage.html

Allen Yeh
01-22-2007, 05:01 AM
The famous two hands anyhow:

http://www.americanpowerliftevolution.net/2handsanyhowpage.html

holy cow that is a lot of weight.

Allen Yeh
01-22-2007, 05:02 AM
Yes...getting out is even worse! A Pmenu seminar has been rattling around in my head for a while...have to think on that.

I vote for a Pmenu seminar in the DC area...for no particular reason....

Robert McBee
01-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Congrats Nicki and Robb on the upcoming wedding! Don't wait on taking the honeymoon trip. The wife and I kept putting it off for seemingly valid reasons like finish school, start jobs etc. and as of last week 15 years has past and two kids somehow showed up. We have still never been on a honeymoon.

What am I saying? Everyday's a honeymoon when you're married...cough

Jeremy Jones
01-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Holy SHNIKIES!

Congratulations kids!

Ron Nelson
01-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Peter,
Thanks for that. I now know I will not be attempting that lift with over, say, 50 lbs anytime soon.

Beware the offspring of the Wolf.

Robb Wolf
01-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Allen-
We can wrap the whole honeymoon thing and PM seminar into one gig...in our nations capitol. How big is you pad? Can you hold 200-300 people?

Ron-Nicki is marrying WAY down but she helps to fill in the shallower parts of my gene pool.

Frank Needham
01-23-2007, 05:46 AM
Gonna tie the big one Robb?! Congrats to you and Nicki!

Ron Nelson
01-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Allen-
We can wrap the whole honeymoon thing and PM seminar into one gig...in our nations capitol. How big is you pad? Can you hold 200-300 people?

Ron-Nicki is marrying WAY down but she helps to fill in the shallower parts of my gene pool.

Funny, my wife tells me the same thing all the time. Four kids later, I guess she was serious.

I never passed along my congrats to the happy couple, so here goes: Best of luck Robb and Nicki. Have you decided on a gluten-free wedding cake?

Allen Yeh
01-23-2007, 08:34 AM
I never passed along my congrats to the happy couple, so here goes: Best of luck Robb and Nicki. Have you decided on a gluten-free wedding cake?

Congrats to Robb and Nicki!

Just what would a gluten/sugar free wedding "cake" be like? Paleo wedding cakes recipes anyone? heh

Scott Kustes
01-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Congrats Sir Robert and Madame Nikki! And Robb, the answer is yes, I'll be your Best Man. Nikki, I'll be your Maid of Honor too.

Robb Wolf
01-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Congrats Sir Robert and Madame Nikki! And Robb, the answer is yes, I'll be your Best Man. Nikki, I'll be your Maid of Honor too.

dude, you are a serious over-achiever!

Steve Shafley
01-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Yes, here's to wedded bliss and a onion based wedding cake!

Nicki Violetti
01-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Onion based wedding cake? That sounds simply awful! Definitely gluten-free and almost certainly CHOCOLATE.:)

Mike ODonnell
01-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Is this wedding "paleo" style in the forest and the reception is catch your own food?

Was going to add a comment about cavemen clubbing women over the head and dragging them to the cave for the honeymoon....but trying not to get Robb in trouble.

Yael Grauer
01-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Congratulations!!!

Mmmm, Nicki said chocolate....

Allison Barns
01-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Congratulations Robb and Nicki!!

Robb Wolf
01-24-2007, 06:20 AM
Is this wedding "paleo" style in the forest and the reception is catch your own food?

Was going to add a comment about cavemen clubbing women over the head and dragging them to the cave for the honeymoon....but trying not to get Robb in trouble.

That is actually quite close to the truth. How do you think someone who looks like me can rope in someone like Nicki? Dirty Tricks!

thanks everyone! Super excited. We were thinking about a pit roasted pig but that may be a little more involved than i want to do. There will however be BBQ and carnitas a-plenty.

Allen Yeh
01-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Onion based wedding cake? That sounds simply awful! Definitely gluten-free and almost certainly CHOCOLATE.:)

I was looking at Coach Ruts blog and I saw this link on the side and I thought of you and Robb.
http://www.oliviasoven.com//Index.cfm

I'm sure your guests were so looking forward to onion based cake too! heh

Derek Simonds
01-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Congratulations and best of luck.

Marriage is wonderful don't let anyone kid you. You saw my video so you know that one of the best benefits of marriage is the little ones, that and knowing that when I am 75 my wife will be sitting in a rocker next to me.

Once again Congratulations!

Robb Wolf
01-27-2007, 05:20 PM
thanks everyone!
Allen-
That was actually an early point Rut and I bonded on. One of his sons has celiac. I'm just excited there will be wheat free beer for my wedding! I can't stand wine. Leave it as grape juice as far as I'm concerned.

Derek-
I suspect Nicki will have swapped me out for Raul The Pool Boy by then...but perhaps not!

Ben Reynolds
07-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Power clean and press would be mine. Not sure why, as there are many good options out there. Put to be able to get a pull, catch, and press in one exercise takes the cake for me, if I had to only choose one exercise that is.;)

I concur. The clean and press is basically the opposite motion of a muscle up and works out everything. Unfortunately, it's also a very technical lift, so the learning curve is steeper.

Gavin Harrison
07-14-2009, 08:34 PM
I concur. The clean and press is basically the opposite motion of a muscle up and works out everything. Unfortunately, it's also a very technical lift, so the learning curve is steeper.

Your user name should be the crypt keepr.. pulling up two year old discussions and commenting on them...

Grissim Connery
07-17-2009, 10:09 AM
well since this thread was revived, do you guys think that the SGDL on a platform is a good supplement to building press handstands?

Steven Low
07-17-2009, 10:57 AM
well since this thread was revived, do you guys think that the SGDL on a platform is a good supplement to building press handstands?
No, but I'm sure SGDL is overall super beneficial for everything else.

Dave Lemanczyk
08-16-2009, 09:59 AM
My personal favorite is the long distance (1/4 mile or so) diagonal lunge with an empty keg on my back. Self-torture.

Aaron Gainer
08-18-2009, 08:58 PM
The Snatch would be in my top exercise list. Works on power and strength without compromising flexibility!!!

Paul McKirdy
08-24-2009, 05:18 AM
thanks for the resurrection. just rotated some of these in yesterday. wow! SGDLs that is, :cool:

wow indeed!

George Gates
10-19-2009, 02:54 PM
I would say the snatch if you had a barbell, but could only bring on piece of equipment with you I would take a KB.
But if you really were in prison and weren't allowed anything like that, nothing is better than the burpee.

Gant Grimes
10-21-2009, 12:35 PM
well since this thread was revived...

This is the best argument for continuing necrophilia I've heard in awhile.

Dave Winchester
10-25-2009, 10:39 PM
This is the best argument for continuing necrophilia I've heard in awhile.

... How many have you heard?

glennpendlay
10-26-2009, 02:04 AM
the get a bar over your head any way you want to exercise is the best single exercise. if you are skilled, then it can be clean and jerk. if you are less skilled, then it can be something else. But there aint nothing out there that can compare to lifting somethingt off the ground and putting it over your head. however you do it.

glenn