PDA

View Full Version : JBey's Pre-Baby Body Plan

Jamila Bey
01-12-2009, 12:51 PM
January 12
4 Rounds (5 was goal)
100 jump rope singles
5 barbell thrusters
10 step ups on knee-height box (Left then Right sides)
5 minutes bouncing on "Urban Rebounder"

Mood- OMG I am so out of shape and embarrassed!!! Scared old lady with thrusters, so I felt better.

Garrett Smith
01-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Welcome back.

Allen Yeh
01-13-2009, 04:23 AM
What's an Urban Rebounder?

Jamila Bey
01-14-2009, 04:58 PM
An urban rebounder is one of those individual trampolines.

Jan 13
Tabata O-head squats w/ PVC pipe

Felt good while doing this, but after a name: OUCH OUCH OUCH! Low back needs some strength work. I'm way too stiff!

Derek Simonds
01-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Glad to see your log. I know you are gonna kill it!

Kevin Perry
01-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Subscribed

Jamila Bey
01-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Last week to now, I either danced for 30+ minutes with the baby or walked stairs with him on my back... Just getting back into movement so that TODAY I can start some routines...

JANUARY 22
100 single unders (few welts)
Tabata squats (OMG I wanted to DIE!!!)

4 rounds of 5 Reps
12# thrusters
bench step ups L/R

All while the babe was with me in the gym!

Jamila Bey
01-22-2009, 10:32 PM
5 minute power workout

5 of each
4 count mountain climbers
burpees
chair dips

Derek Simonds
01-23-2009, 02:47 AM
Very nice. I like the power workout. You getting the sleep you need?

Jamila Bey
01-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Sleep I need... I'm starting to. The baby will sleep for 8 hours at a stretch- I do the evil co-sleeping thing, so he nurses at will and does not even wake me any more. But 3 days a week, he'll be up and only sleep that 8 or 9 hour block... I went into an office to work for two weeks during the day over Xmas and that nearly killed me 'cause 2-6 AM is my Little Lord and Master's favorite party time.

I'm so happy overall- I know the lack of sleep isn't good, but I'm dealing with it pretty well.

It's getting better.

Derek Simonds
01-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Have you read the book about getting babies to sleep through the night? My wife did it with both of our kids and it was a godsend. Some people don't like the structure of it, or letting kids cry themselves to sleep but our results were fantastic. My sister also did it with all 3 of her kids with great results.

It is called something like "on being babywise". I don't know if it would be a fit for you but I would highly reccomend checking it out. My sister is extremely non structured and my wife is structured down to the minute so I saw it with both ends of the spectrum.

Jamila Bey
01-23-2009, 08:53 AM
I haven't read THAT one, but I've read The 90 Minute Baby Sleep Solution and another one... I'll edit to update when I'm at my bookcase, and they have some great ideas, but my little one doesn't let those work.

I can soothe him down and put him to sleep, but he will wake after 15 or 20 minutes and I'll just do that soothe/put him down over and over until I am the one who is exhausted. This kid is his own strong willed little person, and if baby dontwannasleep, baby don't sleep! I wonder where he gets the stubborn thing from?

I can't even try the letting him cry method- I'd rather just do without sleep myself. I wind up nearly in tears and with a soaked shirt if I hear him calling and I don't go to him. I guess I literally don't have the fortitude.

Thanks for the support. I put him in a backpack and pace the floor while reading (my own stuff) out loud to him in funny voices.

Jamila Bey
01-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Jan 26

Row 5000K