PDA

View Full Version : New Gym in the DC metro area--Rockville

Adam Gagliardi
01-14-2009, 09:40 AM
didnt know where else to post this and i hope it's ok, if not just remove it..thanks.

My good friends Matt and Suzanne Gary have opened a warehouse training center that is PL, Oly, Strongman Friendly. If your in the Bethesda, Rockville, DC area it is the only gym worth going to( minus the few CF gyms), check it out. There are no mirrors and only one machine (cable system). everything else elieko, werksan, elitefts made.
check out thier website for more info.

http://supremesportspt.com/

Allen Yeh
01-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Nice equipment list in the FAQ! I'd might have to wander up there some day, it's a bit far from home for a membership (~45-60 minutes one way), great prices though. Now all I have to do is convince my wife to move to the Rockville area. Heh.

Adam,

Do you know if they will be holding like a Strongman type sessions? Like once a week type of thing? I'd be interested in something like that as I've been curious about stuff like that recently.

Adam Gagliardi
01-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Allen-- i will talk to matt about that....perhaps a weekend thing kind of class. there is a great parking lot right outside the huge overheard door, that is nice and flat....perfect for strongman activities. ill definitely post it back on here when i find out the answer.

Patrick Donnelly
01-14-2009, 11:53 AM
I like the sound of that place.

Andrew Ager
01-14-2009, 01:20 PM
That place sounds great! Too bad I'm many states away...

Steven Low
01-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Isn't there an affiliate out of the Marveteen's/tots gym that's like ~3 blocks away? Hah. Unless that's them and they moved over there.

Anyway, I'll probably check it out sometime. :)

Philip Stablein
01-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Def gotta drop in! I just moved back to the Rockville area...soanyone who wants to visit when I do, send me a PM.

Jamila Bey
01-14-2009, 11:26 PM
OMG!!!

I used to work right near there... IDK that I can get up there often, but any seminars that I'm not on deadline I'll definitely come to.

Adam Gagliardi
01-15-2009, 03:13 AM
Just so everyone knows...Matt and Suzanne plan on having seminars for PL, OLY, Strongman, Etc....but it will be a little while before this happens as the gym has only been open for the past 4 days. I'm sure you can imagine there are some minor things still being worked out. I'm sure at some point Matt will either chime in or have me make some updates. He does want to convey that everyone is welcome no matter what your "sport" or training purpose.

Dave Paton
01-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Those are good rates? I'm just asking because they seem a pricey to me. I wouldn't really know--I haven't paid for gym dues in 15 years (except for the $100 for a year of oly lifitng at LBH).

If those are good, I assume that a crossfit affiliate is much more?

Allen Yeh
01-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Those are good rates? I'm just asking because they seem a pricey to me. I wouldn't really know--I haven't paid for gym dues in 15 years (except for the $100 for a year of oly lifitng at LBH).

To give you an idea when I was looking at gyms in Reston, VA They ranged from $50/ month to $100 per month, this was not including child care and stuff like that, nor was it including the sign up fees which were usually $100-$200, these were all globo gyms so not very conducive to any "real" training.

Patrick Donnelly
01-19-2009, 04:31 PM

CF affiliates typically are around $150-200 per month for unlimited classes, and I've heard of them going as high as $240 with a 2-year commitment. Then there are a few that don't charge anything, but most of them are either overseas on military bases or are park workout groups that have newly affiliated and will only begin charging after they get a gym. Steve's Club is another free one, and is pretty damn unique.

Ari Kestler
01-20-2009, 05:22 AM
I was in rockville this past weekend and had a chance to work out at this place. It was awesome. The owner is nice and friendly...the rest of the people are also equally friendly. Definitely more of a powerlifting atmosphere but they have everything you would need if you were doing any type of CF workout...

Will definitely go back when I need to get a workout in at home.

Adam Gagliardi
03-16-2009, 01:40 PM
We are happy to announce our official grand opening next Saturday, March 21 from 8AM - 4PM. Come see what Supreme Sports Performance & Training (SSPT) is all about.

Saturdays are always a huge day for us. We usually have nearly a dozen folks that show up and put it on the line in an effort to improve.

Weather permitting, weíll have our garage door opened and some strongman demonstrations in the parking lot (including but not limited to farmerís walks, rolling thunder grip work, sled dragging, log presses, a yoke, and possibly more). Inside you'll see several of our own lifters training hard as they prepare for upcoming powerlifting competitions. Olympic weightlifting will be on display as well. In the afternoon, kettlebell guru and owner of CrossFit Koncepts, Mike Krivka, will be demonstrating and teaching some kettlebell moves. At 3:45PM, weíll have drawings for free one-month memberships, free coaching sessions, and free massage.

We invite you to stop by anytime between 8AM - 4PM. Say hello, sign up for the free drawings, watch some of the training, or even take in a workout of your own. Please feel free to spread the word. Bring your family, friends, coworkers, or anyone interested in becoming healthier and stronger. You donít want to miss out on this opportunity to see what Marylandís premier strength training facility is all about!

We look forward to seeing you next Saturday.

Today is always the perfect day to train.

Best of health,
Matt Gary
Suzanne "Sioux-z" Hartwig-Gary

PS - We are conveniently located just seconds from Rockville Pike at 12054 Parklawn Drive in Rockville, MD. For additional information on who we are, what we believe, and our facility in general, please visit our website at http://www.SupremeSportsPT.com or give us a call at 301-231-SSPT (7778).