PDA

View Full Version : Konstantin Konstantinov - 55 pullups

Allen Yeh
02-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Damn.

http://beyondstrong.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/02/todays-circuit-.html

Konstantinov is a PL'er and I think he competes as a 125kg lifter?

Dave Van Skike
02-04-2009, 08:21 AM
this guy just continues to impress. not what you'd expect from a member 275 pound member of the 900 DL club.

Garrett Smith
02-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Jeez. With a half/little kip even!

I'm thinking there are some metcons that he could easily go out and set new records on, with little to no training. See Donny Shankle and "Grace".

"Linda" would be a joke to that guy.

Dave Van Skike
02-04-2009, 10:29 AM
but this is where his heart is...god bless him..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GaZXCdVdpc&NR=1

Arien Malec
02-04-2009, 11:12 AM
but this is where his heart is...god bless him..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GaZXCdVdpc&NR=1

Perhaps locking the weight out after those rounded upper back lifts explains how he can do 55 pullups so easily.

Garrett Smith
02-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Holy cow!

Jacob Rowell
02-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Wow, amazing to watch.

Interesting Deadlifting also - rounded back certainly doesn't look like unintentional "bad form" as the geniuses on youtube say, but quite purposeful. Almost like having longer arms and a shorter torso.

Donald Lee
02-04-2009, 12:59 PM
It looks like he was doing a slight butterfly kip.

Dave Van Skike
02-04-2009, 02:30 PM
It looks like he was doing a slight butterfly kip.

I imagine with the amount of power that guy generates in his hips, even a weee leeeetle kip gives noticeble boost.

I love his nastyround back style, but it's certainly particular to his build.

I think if more people learned to handle modest loads round back on a regular but not excessive basis, stuff like haybales, log rounds, bags of feed, the number of back injuries would go waaaaay down.

Patrick Donnelly
02-06-2009, 09:39 PM
What makes me think that he could score a Fran world record?

Well, that is, if he could control his laughter at the sight of a 95lb barbell.

Timothy Holmes
02-11-2009, 09:50 PM
What makes me think that he could score a Fran world record?

Well, that is, if he could control his laughter at the sight of a 95lb barbell.

It would be similar to the broomstick Fran video on the Main Page a while ago, just plain silly...

Steven Low
02-11-2009, 10:16 PM
It would be similar to the broomstick Fran video on the Main Page a while ago, just plain silly...
You mean awesome.

I'd love to see him crush all of the "record" Frans we've seen already.

Gant Grimes
02-12-2009, 09:30 AM
You mean awesome.

I'd love to see him crush all of the "record" Frans we've seen already.

I'd actually hate to see it and would think less of him.

I agree with DVS. I've DLd with a rounded back for 20 years. I've tried to correct it, but it will always be there. It doesn't give me any problems.

Look in the DL video again and notice how much power he using in the first 1/10th second of his pull. That is NOT a gentle squeeze off the floor and slow grind to the top. I love the DE and speed lifting in PL nowdays. It's resulted in big pulls, and it's fun to watch.

I remember somebody asking if you could kip with 45#. Uhhh....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXO6urbPFwc&NR=1

josh everett
02-12-2009, 10:50 AM
I don't think he could have a world record fran time... too tall & too heavy... that much mass moving that distance for 2 min is a ton of sustained horsepower.

Dave Van Skike
02-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Fran? Seriously?

i wonder how fast he could climb the Nose.....

i'd like to see him hit a 9 o'clock nac nac...

i bet he's smoke a reds and blacks card trick whilst hammer curling 120 dumbells..

i bet he can do pushups two at a time.

Seriously, an obscure little gym class couplet? The man's one of 12 people to pull over 900.

Patrick Donnelly
02-12-2009, 09:33 PM
You seem to be taking an aside of mine, which was meant in jest, a bit too seriously.

Dave Van Skike
02-12-2009, 10:47 PM
You seem to be taking an aside of mine, which was meant in jest, a bit too seriously.

no.

Gavin Harrison
02-12-2009, 11:27 PM
i bet he's smoke a reds and blacks card trick whilst hammer curling 120 dumbells..

i bet he can do pushups two at a time.

When he does pull ups, he's not pulling himself up, he's pulling the earth down.

Blair Lowe
02-13-2009, 12:53 AM
That's a very small kip and none of the pullups are connected in a sequence. It might be able to kip with a lot of weight if it was in a vest versus hanging from the body.

Donald Lee
02-13-2009, 10:18 PM
I imagine with the amount of power that guy generates in his hips, even a weee leeeetle kip gives noticeble boost.

I love his nastyround back style, but it's certainly particular to his build.

I think if more people learned to handle modest loads round back on a regular but not excessive basis, stuff like haybales, log rounds, bags of feed, the number of back injuries would go waaaaay down.

I was doing kipping pullups today, and the pull-up station was shaking. Then, as I tired and kipped harder, the the pull-up station rose-it felt like over 3 inches or at least enough that I couldn't do smooth kipping pull-ups in a row because of the instability. If I tried, I could have probably taken down the whole pull-up station, and I'm only 139 lbs.

Konstantinov's kip must be quite powerful, as you said.