PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest study ever

Mike ODonnell
01-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Breaking news...You can lose weight with diet and exercise...

Hold on....I'll give you time to digest that.....

Still struggling? I know.....

I mean....who came up with the idea that they needed to prove this??? I guess all that medical research and millions of people losing weight aren't enough.....exactly what kind of results were they looking for???

Wow....
http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=healthNews&storyID=2007-01-12T193237Z_01_KNE270242_RTRUKOC_0_US-DIET-OLDER-OBESE-ADULTS.xml&WTmodLoc=HealthNewsHome_C1_%5bFeed%5d-3

Good thing that came out....cause I was about to quit my job and go sell ice cream....

Greg Everett
01-12-2007, 12:49 PM
"In fact, there's some controversy over advocating weight loss at older ages, according to the authors of the new study. For one, a heavier weight is relatively less important in the health risks of an elderly person compared with a younger adult. In addition, many older adults are frail, which can make lifestyle changes difficult."

holy shit, who are these people?

Steve Liberati
01-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Who funded this study?

The Little Sisters of the Poor.

Mike ODonnell
01-12-2007, 03:50 PM
"In addition, many older adults are frail, which can make lifestyle changes difficult."

Makes me think of watching a discovery show of finding a tribe of wandering old people on the streets...."Shhhhhh.....don't run on up on them as they frighten easily.....Notice the weight of the herd for strength.....all sudden changes of a daily routine can be disasterous.....We suggest that if you have one as a pet at home, keep them in a glass jar but make sure you poke holes in the lid and leave Murder She wrote on a TV where they can watch...."

PS. Greg are we having a superiority complex with the "Supreme PM Forum Ruler"?