PDA

View Full Version : Started tracking with fit day and like it

kevin mckay
01-13-2007, 11:42 AM
The online food tracking system it is actually kind of cool, anyway now that I have been doing if for a week here are my average macro nutrient ratios does this look ok?

Fat: 55%
Sat: 9%
Poly: 13%
Mono: 29%
Carbs: 21%
Fiber: 23%
Protein: 23%

The reason I ask is that I have been having intense arthritis like symptoms in my hands since October. I also do IF with a 6 hr feeding window each day.

Fit day also does a rda breakdown that shows I cam consistently under the rda for b12,Thiamin,Zinc,Calcium and Magnesium, glad I take the multi.

Neal Winkler
01-13-2007, 02:36 PM
If you're eating paleo, I would only think you would show deficiencies in calcium and possibly magnesium (because of the poor soil). What do you eat?

kevin mckay
01-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Neal,

Here is a list in the right pain you can select different days, today I went a little un paleo.

http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=mckayk

Neal Winkler
01-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Well, I can tell you one thing that is screwing you over is the egg whites. The yolk has all the V&M and your messing up your b12 especially with that. Also, how much omega-3 do you take? Because you'll have to take a bunch with all those nuts and seeds you eat. You also don't eat very much veggies.

kevin mckay
01-13-2007, 04:33 PM
I eat about 1-2 tablespoons of fish oil a day, should I cut the nuts down or add more fish oil?

Neal Winkler
01-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Personally, I would drop the nuts. But's that's just a budgetory consideration. If my name was "The Donald" I would do what ever the hell I want. In fact, if my name was "The Donald" I would just buy a fish oil factory. MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

kevin mckay
01-13-2007, 05:24 PM
They are pretty cheap at trader Joe's, but maybe I should cut back. I thought they where really rich in anti oxidants and had lots of good fat.

Neal Winkler
01-13-2007, 06:26 PM
The walnut has an omega-6 to omega-3 ratio of 4:1 and the rest of the nuts and seeds go downhill after that. So, eating them can throw your n-6:n-3 ratio way out of whack.

kevin mckay
01-13-2007, 08:23 PM
hmm just found this on pubmed

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=12442909&dopt=Citation

I guess I really need to make this adjustment.

Thanks Neal

Steve Liberati
01-14-2007, 10:12 AM
I think I need to make the adjustment as well. Never realized how much the nuts were screwing up my n-6:n-3 ratio. I got in a bad habit of buying a bag of Raw Mixed Nuts at Trader Shmoo's every sunday when I do my shopping. This might also explain why I've been breaking out lately.

Thanks for the discussion. May try increasing my CLO dosage now too!