PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Jerk and OHS

Ivan Perez
03-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Hi folks,

It's my first post in this forum and I would like to ask a few question

I started to do crossfit in summer, also olimpic weighlifting too, but in november I decided to focus in Oly lift. This week I was talking with my coach, and he tell me that my snach and C&J got better, but:

I don't be able to block my arms in snatch and jerk
I open my legs so much when I do a snacth
My knees go over toes on OHS, maybe on Front Squat too

I think that all of this issues are derived of my limited hip and shoulder flexibility, so, it's good idea plan a flexibility and thechnical workout? I' ll check "MAGNIFICENT MOBILITY" for flexibility, but what exercices can do to improve my Jerk and OHS??

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor English

Ivan

Kevin Parsons
03-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Are you looking for excercises to improve you Jerk's and OHS's or are you looking for flexibilty excercises?

Ivan Perez
03-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Both of them. I dont' be able to decide what is most important for me, maybe flexibility exercices can help me wit OHS

Arden Cogar Jr.
03-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Ivan,
First, if your knees go over your toes and your heels are still flat - I DO NOT see that as a problem. If your heels come up - then it's a problem.

Second, I assume you are having difficult getting your arms extended overhead with weight in hand. That's a shoulder flexibility issue. You will need to attain that flexibility slowly and over time. It will take time and effort.

Good luck and be patient.

All the best,
Arden

Ivan Perez
03-25-2009, 03:52 AM
Hi Arden and thanks for your answers

My knees go over toes and my right heels come up, also my right knee go inwards. Now I'm trying to correcto this with plenty OHS sets (with wood bar or barbell)

About my shoulder flexibility, I start doing scapular wall slice and shoulder dislocation after my workout, any suggestions??

Thanks again and regards