PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid question

Jake Schultheis
03-08-2009, 08:25 PM
I have been CrossFitting for awhile now, and have been attracted to the hybrid programs and have decided to give it a try. I have decided to use ME Black Box following this three day template:

Total Body: High Hang Cleans, Deck Power Cleans, Cleans
Lower Body: Zercher Squats, Front Squats, Back Squats
Upper Body: Press, Push Press, Jerk

I will stay in each movement pool for three weeks, and follow each ME movement with a short WOD. Now, with influence from Gant Grimes hybrid, I have decided to perform a short, heavy WOD following the above exercises. My question is do you think this will eventually crush me? I need/want to stay in good cardio shape, but also want to get as strong/powerful as possible without putting on a ton of useless mass/bulking. Thank you in advance for replies.

Matthew Bacorn
03-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Just to clarify, you'll only be working 3 days a week, right? ME and heavy metcon every session?

Jake Schultheis
03-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Correct. I was planning on running and doing some heavy bag work on "off" days.

Gant Grimes
03-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Correct. I was planning on running and doing some heavy bag work on "off" days.

Do these after training or in the evening on training days. Then your off days can truly be off days.

Chris Wood
03-12-2009, 03:41 AM
Sounds like you're following Coach Rut's MEBB template (http://coachrut.blogspot.com/).

I don't think you'll be crushed by a ME lift, followed by a short/heavy metcon. Provided you'll be getting adequate rest and nutrition, you should see some good strength gains while maintaining a good level of conditioning.

Best of luck with your training.

Gant, are you advocating doing running/bag work in addition to the ME lift and short mecon, or as a sub for metcon?